This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 3:33 AM by 1000233 RSS

values from previous search

1000233 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have a form in which we search window where we can provide various filter criteria like item name, action type etc.... each filter criteria has a LOV of its own .The issue that i am facing is with a filter criteria which i added and created a LOV for that. when i select some other filter criteria say item name and click on its LOV and select one value the i add my filter criteris then click for it LOV then it displays the LOV for filter criteria thats was selected before item name in this case.
Please suggest.
  • 1. Re: values from previous search
    HamidHelal Guru
    997230 wrote:
    Hi,

I have a form in which we search window where we can provide various filter criteria like item name, action type etc.... each filter criteria has a LOV of its own .The issue that i am facing is with a filter criteria which i added and created a LOV for that. when i select some other filter criteria say item name and click on its LOV and select one value the i add my filter criteris then click for it LOV then it displays the LOV for filter criteria thats was selected before item name in this case.
    Please suggest.
    I'm not clear with your post. Do you want to populat a lov based on other lov values ? If yes.. simply add condition(other lov populated filed value) at record group of the loves. For example
    select .....
    from ....
    where column_name=:other_love_populated_column;
    When other lov's value are selected then your lov will display according to u'r criteria.

Hope this helps

Hamid

Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*
  • 2. Re: values from previous search
    1000233 Newbie
    Hi Hamid,

Thanks for your response. But my requirement is not to copy from LOV. allow me to restate :
    my filter screen looks like this-

filter name 1 filter condition (equal,greater than,tc...) Value for which filter is applied(this value is selected from LOV for filter name1 )
    similarly we can have multiple filters at a time.

the filter that i applied is update_failure.
    if i place this as the first filter i get correct LOV value for this

but if i place this as the second filter conditon:
    filter1 equals XYZ
    updat_failure equals (here when i click on the LOV i am getting the LOV for filter 1).

Hope this is clear.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points