I have been testing the latest Oracle.ManagedDataAccess DLL (release 184.108.40.206.50 Beta) and I always get the following error:
...Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records.
This happens when the table has a TIMESTAMP column and its fractional precision is greater than 3 (default is 6).
When the original TIMESTAMP value is null or its fractional precision is 3 or less, I can update a given row successfully. If a value exists in the TIMESTAMP column and its fractional precision is not 3 or less then I get the concurrency violation error, even if I am not trying to update the TIMESTAMP field.
I am using Oracle 11.2g for the database, and I tested it on a Windows Vista 32 bit machine and a Windows 7 64 bit machine, both giving the same error. I ran the same code with the older Oracle.Data.Access and the updates were always successful. This looks like a possible bug to me. My code in C# .NET 4.0, also tested it with .NET 4.5