This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2013 5:24 AM by BerttenCate RSS

Staging Area location

BerttenCate Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I am having trouble with the staging area on my enterprise manager 12c server. When i try to download an assembly it downloads to the default staging location which is /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/omshome_1/gc_inst/em/EMGC_OMS1/sysman//stage.
Now when i try to appy the download so it gets moved to the 'software library upload file locations' which is at /u02/app/oracle/oms_shared/ i get the following error in the job:

Applying update of Oracle Virtual Templates and Oracle Virtual Assemblies type with entity ID : 99AED19240CD3922650F2A9255726868 and description : Database assembly for 11.2.0.3.0 Single Instance database with PSU1 on Linux 64-bit using filesystem based storage
Apply failed: Exception: This operation requires atleast 3606937479 bytes in staging area (/u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/omshome_1/gc_inst/em/EMGC_OMS1/sysman//stage).

This, of course, is true because there isn't enough freespace in /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/omshome_1/gc_inst/em/EMGC_OMS1/sysman//stage.

What i would like to do is to move the staging area to a location on /u02 where there is enough freespace but for the life of me i cannot find where to change this. Does anybody know how to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Bert ten Cate
  • 1. Re: Staging Area location
    EricvdS Expert
    Hi Bert,
    You can add an additional Software Library location in Setup, Provisioning and Patching, Software Library. Create on OS an new directory and the correct protection. Use Add in the EM-console to add this new location.
    See http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/doc.121/e24473/softwarelib.htm for additional info.

Eric
  • 2. Re: Staging Area location
    BerttenCate Newbie
    Hi Eric,

I created this extra location. Onfortunately when i download new software or patches it first gets downloaded and unzipped in the staging area. I just can't seem to change the location of this staging area. What we have done for now is create a symbolic link to the location where i would like the staging area to be. But for me this is not the preferred way to do this.

But thank you for your reply!

Kind regards,
    Bert ten Cate

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points