2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 11:46 AM by jgarry RSS

SQL Developer & Windows 7 64 Bit

Hi can anyone advise

The Problem

We are currently using Oracle SQL Developer 1.2.1.3213 to administer to the oracle database, unfortunately, this version does not play well with a 64 bit environ. The current airbus standard for Oracle SQL Developer which is happy with Windows 7 64 bit is version 3.1.07, again unfortunately, this version does not support versions of the Oracle database less than I think it is 8. Budget precludes the option of upgrading to a newer version of dbase.

The Question

Is there a version of Oracle SQL Developer that will meet our needs for windows 7 while remaining on the same version of the oracle database, or are there other competing products that you could recommend that will fit the bill. The product will require a GUI I don’t want to go back to entering SQL at the command line.

regards

Kevin
        • 1. Re: SQL Developer & Windows 7 64 Bit
          EdStevens
          997844 wrote:
          Hi can anyone advise

The Problem

We are currently using Oracle SQL Developer 1.2.1.3213 to administer to the oracle database, unfortunately, this version does not play well with a 64 bit environ. The current airbus standard for Oracle SQL Developer which is happy with Windows 7 64 bit is version 3.1.07, again unfortunately, this version does not support versions of the Oracle database less than I think it is 8. Budget precludes the option of upgrading to a newer version of dbase.

The Question

Is there a version of Oracle SQL Developer that will meet our needs for windows 7 while remaining on the same version of the oracle database, or are there other competing products that you could recommend that will fit the bill. The product will require a GUI I don’t want to go back to entering SQL at the command line.

regards

Kevin
          " this version does not support versions of the Oracle database less than I think it is 8."
          What do you mean by this statement?

SQL Developer is just a client. Clients do NOT have to be exactly version matched to a database. I am running SQLDeveloper 3.2 on a Win 7 Pro 64-bit desktop and my databases are a mix of 10.2.0.4 and 11.2
          • 2. Re: SQL Developer & Windows 7 64 Bit
            jgarry
            Don't know if you will get any joy with your unclear Oracle version, but ask the guy at thatjeffsmith.com