2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 1:52 PM by 883863 RSS

Need to populate a hierarchical query results in detail block of WIPTXCFM

Hi All,

I would need to customize WIPTXCFM to populate all layered sub assembly schedule numbers against a Final Assembly schedule number.
      Requirement is as soon as User enter a FA schedule number; it should populate all levels Sub Assembly Schedule Numbers under this.

I have thought of 1 approach; need suggestion if there is any better way to achieve this to improve the performance.

My Approach: In custom WIPTXCFM form once the FA schedule no is entered; I can fetch all below level data(e.g Level1, level2 ...etc.)
      using a cursor with hierarchical query. Then loop through the cursor and insert them in the block after the FA record.
      As per my findings; this hierarchical query takes longer to fetch the below levels data, around 1.5 mins.

Thanks in adv.

Regards.
        • 1. Re: Need to populate a hierarchical query results in detail block of WIPTXCFM
          HamidHelal
          880860 wrote:
          Hi All,

I would need to customize WIPTXCFM to populate all layered sub assembly schedule numbers against a Final Assembly schedule number.
          Requirement is as soon as User enter a FA schedule number; it should populate all levels Sub Assembly Schedule Numbers under this.

I have thought of 1 approach; need suggestion if there is any better way to achieve this to improve the performance.

My Approach: In custom WIPTXCFM form once the FA schedule no is entered; I can fetch all below level data(e.g Level1, level2 ...etc.)
          using a cursor with hierarchical query. Then loop through the cursor and insert them in the block after the FA record.
          As per my findings; this hierarchical query takes longer to fetch the below levels data, around 1.5 mins.
          Hello 880860,
          If your are talking about EBS customization you can post at {forum:id=475}.

Hope this helps