If the jacob-1.14.3-x86.dll actually exists in the /forms/webutil/win32 directory, then you may need to have the file transfered to this directory again or check the file permissions on the file. We encountered this same error when we setup WebUtil in FMw and that was what fixed our issue.
Hope this helps,
Thanks Craig, I've replaced the file several times, and it's world-readable - still no luck.
Appreciate the help...
Did you FTP the file to your server and if so, did you FTP the file in binary or text mode?
I binary scpd the jacob-1.14.3.zip (downloaded from the sourceforge.net site) to my server, unzipped the contents and copied the files to the required directories.
Please perform the following:
1. FTP again the jacob.jar and the jacob dlls.Sign the jacob.jar.
2- Bring down WLS_FORMS and Admin managed servers
3- Bring down nodemanager
4- Bring down OPMN and all the processes
5- Start again nodemanager
6- Start again Admin and WLS_FORMS managed servers
7- Start OPMN and all the processes
8- Clear java cache on client machine and re-test the issue.
If someone's answer is helpful or correct please mark it accordingly.
Edited by: AlexDiniasi on 04.04.2013 19:37
Alex, I took your advice, and restarted weblogic servers, and opmn components and we are no longer experiencing the wuc-24 error. Thanks very much for your help - can you explain why a restart of the servers/opmn would fix this issue?
It is a known issue. Unfortunately, it cannot be reproduced consistently so that a bug could be logged.
This workaround it is known to overcome the problem.
Had the same problem but then discovered after so much digging around what the webutil configuration file should look like for 11gR2. Check the new configuration file in Locations and Samples of Configuration Files - 11g Release 2 (11.1.2) (Appendix C.10 Default webutil.cfg).
I am sure this will resolve the issue.
If you find that double checking your webutil.cfg doesn't help, be sure to stop ALL related processes (WLS_FORMS, Admin Server, Node Manager, OPMN) then restart.
Regarding the webutil.cfg, there should be not changes required except possibly the references to Jacob. Do NOT take config files from old installations and copy them into a new installation of a newer version. The entries for Jacob 1.14.3 should look like this: