0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 5:44 PM by 801972 RSS

Custom approval and release process for GMS Draft Invoices

Hi All,

We have a requirement to automatically approve and release invoices created by GMS: Generate Draft Invoices for a Range of Awards. I mean invoices under (Grants Accounting supper user -> Billing -> Invoice Review) - GMS_DRAFT_INVOICES_V. Before we automatically approve or release we need to also validate the funds so we have to customize the process.

I found an oracle document about the client extension PA_CLIENT_EXTN_INV_ACTIONS with procedures APPROVE_INVOICE and RELEASE_INVOICE.
      These procedures can be customized and approval and release flag can be set which will approve and release the invoices.

My questions are as follows:-

1. I executed the program GMS: Generate Draft Invoices for a Range of Awards, However did not see the client extension being called.
      I kept log messages and they did not appear. Please confirm if the client extension is called by the above program or is there any other program.

2. Is there any API to approve the Draft Invoices. I mean invoices under GMS_DRAFT_INVOICES_V (Grants Accounting supper user -> Billing -> Invoice Review) waiting to be approved.

Please help.

Thanks,
      Neeraj.