5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2013 4:19 AM by DK2010 RSS

exp and imp

Dear friends,
      i have os rhel 5.7 and db 10.2.0.3. i m exporting data from DEV (shema:XYZ) to TEST (schema:XYZ). On DEV,schema XYZ has tables,some tables known as MASTER tables and remaining others knows as TRANSACTION tables and the same tables also exists in schema XYZ on TEST .
      I export the tables dump(containing MASTER AND TRANSACTION TABLES) from DEV to TEST instance.Now, on TEST instance i want to delete tables which are with same name as in the DEV instance.Once tables got deleted,i want to PERFORM THE IMPORT.
      while importing i want only STRUCTURE but not data of TRANSACTIONS tables to be copied to TEST whereas MASTER tables copied normally i.e data+ structure.
      how can i achieved this task ? i cant do manually becauze total objects are 500(MASTER tables=239 and transaction tables=261).
      your help appreciated thanks.
        • 1. Re: exp and imp
          riedelme
          938946 wrote:
          Dear friends,
          i have os rhel 5.7 and db 10.2.0.3. i m exporting data from DEV (shema:XYZ) to TEST (schema:XYZ). On DEV,schema XYZ has tables,some tables known as MASTER tables and remaining others knows as TRANSACTION tables and the same tables also exists in schema XYZ on TEST .
          I export the tables dump(containing MASTER AND TRANSACTION TABLES) from DEV to TEST instance.Now, on TEST instance i want to delete tables which are with same name as in the DEV instance.Once tables got deleted,i want to PERFORM THE IMPORT.
          while importing i want only STRUCTURE but not data of TRANSACTIONS tables to be copied to TEST whereas MASTER tables copied normally i.e data+ structure.
          how can i achieved this task ? i cant do manually becauze total objects are 500(MASTER tables=239 and transaction tables=261).
          your help appreciated thanks.
          It sounds like lyou want to replace the existing TEST schema with the contents of the one on DEV. If there is nothing you need to retain can you rename the schema on TEST (for reference later, if you want) and import the whole schema from DEV? Or, if you need stuff from the existing TEST schema can you do this and then copy what you need back from the renamed old test schema?

Edited by: riedelme on Apr 3, 2013 7:05 AM
          • 2. Re: exp and imp
            Richard Harrison .
            Hi,
            Is there an easy way to identify which tables are 'MASTER' and which tables are 'TRANSACTION' - is there some naming convention in use?

Regards,
            Harry
            • 3. Re: exp and imp
              YES,master and transaction tables have same naming convention starting with prefix 'PP_'
              • 4. Re: exp and imp
                Richard Harrison .
                Hi,
                What if i just want a list of MASTER tables - is there an easy way to find those?

Regards,
                Rich
                • 5. Re: exp and imp
                  DK2010
                  Hi ,
                  you can do with using the following steps

1.take export of MASTER AND TRANSACTION tables.
                  2.delete tables which are with same name as in the DEV instance(manually) or you can use the option TABLE_EXISTS_ACTION=REPLACE
                  3.Import the MASTER Table only using the INCLUDE Parameter in Parfile
                  4.Import the TRANSACTION tables using the INCLUDE and METADATA_ONLY Option

HTH