This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 1:25 AM by awad RSS

Multi Pages TIF Images

awad Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear All,

I have an attachments form that read an image files from client machine and store it in an oracle BLOB column.

I use the following code to transfer the file from client machine to my database table :

webutil_file_transfer.Client_to_db(filepath,tableName, columnName, whereClause);

It works fine for me except for multipages Tif images coming from fax . the system save only the first page.

I am using oracle database 11g and oracle forms 10g .

Any ideas please ?
  • 1. Re: Multi Pages TIF Images
    FrançoisDegrelle Oracle ACE
    Hello,

+"...the system save only the first page..."+
    This is curious, as the method just copy a file from one place to another one. How can you be sure the file is not completly copied ?

Did you try to get the file back with DB_To_Client() method ?

Francois

Edited by: François Degrelle on Apr 4, 2013 9:22 AM
  • 2. Re: Multi Pages TIF Images
    awad Newbie
    Hello François,

Thanks for your kind response.

Yes I did and I tried to see the file using PL/Sql Developer and it shows only the first page of the image file.

Note : I tried also to open the original file from client machine using Microsoft Paint and it shows only one page but if I use Windows Picture and Fax Viewer it shows full 3 pages.

Awad.
  • 3. Re: Multi Pages TIF Images
    FrançoisDegrelle Oracle ACE
    As I said, Client_To_DB() only copy the entire file from one place to another one. It does not care about the file content. I use it lots of times to copy any kind of binary files. Your problem is probably with the file viewer.

Francois

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points