2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 3:06 AM by ArtVL RSS

Data source for a TOMCAT server

ArtVL
      Hi, for some reasons, I'm trying to connect my ORACLE database to a TOMCAT server instead of a WebLogicServer.

In order to allowing SPARQL, on a web logic server we are supposed to create the required Data Source using the admin console.

+"6 . In the Create a New JDBC Data Source panel, enter or select the following values.+

+Name: OracleSemDS+

+JNDI Name: OracleSemDS+

+Database Type: Oracle+

+Database Driver: Oracle's Driver (Thin) Versions: 9.0.1,9.2.0,10,11"+

In a TOMCAT server I'm supposed to add this informations to the "server.xml" file or to the "context.xml" file.
      I do not succed in writing the XML code that contains this informations.

Does anyone know what XML should I use to allow my TOMCAT server to use the "joseki.war" to send SPARQL request to my ORACLE database ? ( currently it fail due to the fact the program don't know the name OracleSemDS )

I think it start like this :

*<ressource name="OracleSemDS" />*

But what are the others fields ?
        • 1. Re: Data source for a TOMCAT server
          sdas
          Try the following with appropriate <hostname>, <port>, <SID>, <username> and <password>:

<Resource name="OracleSemDS" auth="Container" type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource" driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver" factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory" url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@<hostname>:<port>:<SID>" user="<username>" password="<password>" maxActive="30" maxIdle="10" maxWait="-1"/>
          • 2. Re: Data source for a TOMCAT server
            ArtVL
            It seems to work better. I still getting error messages, but now my TOMCAT server find the OracleSemDS, Thank you.

I'll try to find why i got a "java.sql.SQLRecoverableException : error I/O : Got minus one from a read call".