Tony Andrews wrote:This does not sound like a bug but rather a design issue. It looks like there are problems with using a page item from another page which may/may not be there.
We have encountered this issue in APEX 4.1, but I have also managed to replicate it in APEX 4.2 on apex.oracle.com. The steps are:
1. Create an HTML region on page 0.
2. On another page e.g. page 1, create an item (or a button) and associate it with the page 0 region.
3. Run page 1 - item/button appears as expected.
4. Export page 0
5. Export page 1
5. Re-import page 0
6. Run page - item/button no longer appears, or appears in wrong location.
7. Inspect item/button properties: it is no longer associated with the page 0 region. Looking at APEX respository shows that the region ID has been changed to NULL.
8. Re-import page 1
9. Run page - item/button appears in correct location.
We use page exports for version control, but it would appear from this that if we change page 0 then we may have to also re-import all dependent pages when installing the change.
Is this a bug? Is there any way to prevent it happening?