This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
Tony Andrews wrote:This does not sound like a bug but rather a design issue. It looks like there are problems with using a page item from another page which may/may not be there.
We have encountered this issue in APEX 4.1, but I have also managed to replicate it in APEX 4.2 on apex.oracle.com. The steps are:
1. Create an HTML region on page 0.
2. On another page e.g. page 1, create an item (or a button) and associate it with the page 0 region.
3. Run page 1 - item/button appears as expected.
4. Export page 0
5. Export page 1
5. Re-import page 0
6. Run page - item/button no longer appears, or appears in wrong location.
7. Inspect item/button properties: it is no longer associated with the page 0 region. Looking at APEX respository shows that the region ID has been changed to NULL.
8. Re-import page 1
9. Run page - item/button appears in correct location.
We use page exports for version control, but it would appear from this that if we change page 0 then we may have to also re-import all dependent pages when installing the change.
Is this a bug? Is there any way to prevent it happening?
Since you are already using this technique you will have to either rewrite the pages so this does not happen (unlikely) or remember to do the proper re-imports (better).