7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 1:24 PM by user12036659 RSS

APEX in French ?

I downloaded Oracle Database 11g Express Edition R2 to test Apex (I've never used).
      I want to know how to change the language of the version of Apex (integrated with Oracle Database 11g XE)? I would apex in French.

Thank you in advance for your help !
        • 1. Re: APEX in French ?
          You can change it from application Shared Components > Edit Attributes
          • 2. Re: APEX in French ?
            Thank you for your answer!

But I myself may be poorly expressed.
            I would like the Apex software is in French, that is to say, the GUI, and not change the language of the application.

I find this but I can not do this procedure : http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E10513_01/doc/install.310/e10496/db_install.htm#CIHFGDGF
            I think it does not concern the apex version installed with 11g xe R2. Correct?

Do you know how to change the language of the version of appex inclued in 11g xe R2?

Thank you!
            • 3. Re: APEX in French ?
              1 – set nls_lang=NLS_LANG=American_America.AL32UTF8
              or set NLS_LANG=FRENCH_FRANCE.AL32UTF8
              the most important is AL32UTF8
              2 – sqlplus / as sysdba
              3 – alter session set current_schema=APEX_040200;
              @apex/builder/fr/load_fr to install french language.
              to uninstall it : @apex/builder/fr/unload_fr
              • 4. Re: APEX in French ?
                Thank you for your help.

But I encounter a problem in the third operation:
                1. In Cmd.exe in Windows : set NLS_LANG = FRENCH_FRANCE.AL32UTF8 --> ok
                2. In SQL Command Line : connect sys/psw as sysdba --> connected.
                3. In SQL Command Line : alter session set current_schema = APEX_040200; --> ERROR: ORA-01435: user does not exist.

Do you know why there is this error?
                Thank you very much for your help
                • 5. Re: APEX in French ?

XE 11g do not have schema APEX_040200 by default.
                  I think you can not get French language to XE 11g APEX builder.
                  What I check file load_fr do not belong XE files.

Your option is upgrade APEX, but remember you will lose database management features.
                  See e.g. this post
                  How to access Oracle XE administration page after APEX installation?

My Blog: http://dbswh.webhop.net/htmldb/f?p=BLOG:HOME:0
                  Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jariolai
                  • 6. Re: APEX in French ?
                    Sorry , my mistake.
                    I give you this : alter session set current_schema = APEX_040200 AS AN EXAMPLE . You should replace APEX_040200 with your apex schema.
                    • 7. Re: APEX in French ?
                      Also , you should maybe read the comment of the other person, because my Database is enterprise edition 11gr2 and not 11g Express Edition R2.
                      I don't know if there is a difference.