This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2013 10:44 AM by 553104 RSS

Package body in read only

553104 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I just started using SQL Developer. When I access Package Body it comes up directly in editor where I can make changes.. (I mean it opens directly in read/write mode). Is it possible to access the code for read only? like I can see the code but it should not allow me to change anything. Like in Toad there are two view. first view just to see the code and then if I have to make any changes then I load it in Editor. Thanks for your help.

Regards
Dax
  • 1. Re: Package body in read only
    962199 Newbie
    Hi
    Whenever the code gets opened in the right pane there is and icon of <b> pencil </b> just left to finding the text text area. If you click on this icon the window would switch to read only mode.

Regards
    Sagar
  • 2. Re: Package body in read only
    rp0428 Guru
    >
    I just started using SQL Developer. When I access Package Body it comes up directly in editor where I can make changes.. (I mean it opens directly in read/write mode). Is it possible to access the code for read only? like I can see the code but it should not allow me to change anything. Like in Toad there are two view. first view just to see the code and then if I have to make any changes then I load it in Editor.
    >
    You can set the preference for the Code Editor.

Tools -> Preferences -> Code Editor -------There is a check box for 'Start in Read Only mode'
  • 3. Re: Package body in read only
    553104 Newbie
    Thanks Sagar & rp0428!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points