This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2013 1:10 AM by VC RSS

Apex 4.2: How refresh calendar region, a.k.a. javascript redirect to self

emma-apex Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello

I have a calendar that displays staff holidays.

I have a pop-up LOV of staff names and want the calendar to display only the absences for the staff member selected.

For now I have set the default value to 1 and included the :P65_STAFF_ID bind variable in my SQL.

On loading, the page returns me only the absences for staff_ID = 1, which is correct. However when I change the staff name, the calendar data does not change.

I've set up all the dynamic actions I can think of to refresh the calendar region or calendar items on the pop-up LOV changing, but no joy.

My remaining idea is to use a dynamic action with javascript to redirect the page to itself on change. Is there a way to do this without writing out an entire URL, e.g. redirect(this.URL)?

I am largely unfamiliar with JS. Also I figure it must be possible to refresh the calendar without a hack. Any help appreciated

Thanks
Emma
  • 1. Re: Apex 4.2: How refresh calendar region, a.k.a. javascript redirect to self
    VC Guru
    emma-apex wrote:
    My remaining idea is to use a dynamic action with javascript to redirect the page to itself on change. Is there a way to do this without writing out an entire URL, e.g. redirect(this.URL)?
    in your dynamic action > set the true action as Execute Javascript Code
    With
    Code location.reload()
  • 2. Re: Apex 4.2: How refresh calendar region, a.k.a. javascript redirect to self
    emma-apex Newbie
    Thanks for the JS code. I couldn't get the thing to work with the LOV even with the JS. In the end I fixed it using a select list and setting option to 'Redirect and Set Value' which works a treat.
  • 3. Re: Apex 4.2: How refresh calendar region, a.k.a. javascript redirect to self
    kvlek Journeyer
    Hi Emma,

You could do it with an POP-UP LOV and Dynamic Action.

Dynamic Action
    - Change
    - item P65_STAFF_ID
    True Actions
    1 - PL/SQL block;
         - PL/SQL Code in this block you can get the last of first date for the absence of the STAFF_ID and put it in the date item for the calendar (eg P65_CALENDAR_DATE);
         - Page Items to Submit P65_STAFF_ID
         - Page Items to Return P65_CALENDAR_DATE
    2 - Execute Javascript Code
         - apex.widget.calendar.ajax_calendar('M','same',$v('P65_CALENDAR_DATE'));

This way the calendar will be refreshed and set to the date in P65_CALENDAR_DATE.

You can also put "null;" in the PL/SQL block, leave the Page Items to Return empty and remove the ",$v('P65_CALENDAR_DATE')" part from the Javascript code. This way you do not open the calendar at the right date.

I made a small example at http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=14257:4 (login as demo/demo).

Regards,
    Kees Vlek
    -----
    <tt>Company: http://www.orcado.nl
    Blog: http://www.orcado.nl/blog/blogger/listings/69-kvlek
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/skier66</tt>
    If the question is answered please change it to answered and mark the appropriate post as correct/helpfull.
  • 4. Re: Apex 4.2: How refresh calendar region, a.k.a. javascript redirect to self
    VC Guru
    kvlek wrote:
         - apex.widget.calendar.ajax_calendar('M','same',$v('P65_CALENDAR_DATE'));
    This way the calendar will be refreshed and set to the date in P65_CALENDAR_DATE.
    And hard-coding the calendar view to monthly ignoring the current view you are in. It always shows the monthly view!
  • 5. Re: Apex 4.2: How refresh calendar region, a.k.a. javascript redirect to self
    kvlek Journeyer
    >
    VC wrote:
    And hard-coding the calendar view to monthly ignoring the current view you are in. It always shows the monthly view!
    >
    You are totaly right, it was a quick example.
    Off course you can use the hidden item for the calendar type in the call to preserve the current view.
    apex.widget.calendar.ajax_calendar($v('P65_CALENDAR_TYPE'),'same',$v('P65_CALENDAR_DATE'));
    or even better use 'S' (short for same? ;-))
    apex.widget.calendar.ajax_calendar('S','same',$v('P65_CALENDAR_DATE'));
    Kees

Edited by: kvlek on 5-apr-2013 10:45

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points