it might not help you, but I've seen this error a lot without any specific reason.
I built an installation package which installs fine on 8 out of 10 machines, but the other 2 experience your error message. Sometimes after uninstalling and re-installing a few times manually, it just works. Yes, sometimes it also helps to give admin rights to the user.
Welcome to Oracle Universal Installer :-)))))
I'll describe my actions step by step.
1) Extracted all files from:
Siebel Business Applications Version 184.108.40.206 ImageCreator Files.zip
Siebel Business Applications Version 220.127.116.11 Siebel Client (Part 1 of 2).zip
Siebel Business Applications Version 18.104.22.168 Siebel Client (Part 2 of 2).zip
Siebel Business Applications Version 22.214.171.124 Siebel Client Part 2 (Part 1 of 2).zip
Siebel Business Applications Version 126.96.36.199 Siebel Client Part 2 (Part 2 of 2).zip
Siebel Business Applications Version 188.8.131.52 Siebel Tools.zip
2) Ran Windows_ImageCreator.exe with admin rigths.
3) Create new image -> D:\Siebel_Install_Image -> Windows -> Siebel Tools, Siebel Web Client, Siebel Sample Database
4) Added http://localhost and http://rlaptop to the allowed sites list. Changed the security level to low and set IE as default browser.
5) Ran d:\Siebel_Install_Image\184.108.40.206\Windows\Client\Siebel_Web_Client\Disk1\install\oui.exe with admin rights and compatibility mode for WinXP
6) name: Siebel8_home1, path: D:\Siebel\8.1\Client_1 (default settings) -> Checking has been finished successfully -> English -> -> Mobile Web Client -> Siebel Remote Server: CHANGE_ME -> Install
Edited by: 998283 on Apr 10, 2013 10:56 PM
The problem is with the Windows_Image_Creator.exe. I had the same issue and I was able to fix it.
- I had a Windows 7 machine (32 bit and 64 bit , both run to the same issue), and tried to install Siebel 220.127.116.11 Developer Web Client (before applying the fix pack 18.104.22.168).
- The installer was throwing the following error "OUI-10133: Invalid staging area. There are no top level components for Windows NT, Windows 2000 available for installation in this staging area. " just before the installation is finished.
- Here are the steps I have done to fix the problem:
1- Go to "C:\Siebel_Install_Image\22.214.171.124\Windows\Client\Siebel_Web_Client\Disk1\stage\langs\en " and check if you have 2 folders (Disk1, Translations). If you do NOT find the folder named "Disk1" then continue with this solution otherwise this solution does not apply to you.
2- The problem is that the Windows_Image_Creator.exe did not create the folder called "Disk1" in the previous path mentioned in step1. So we have to fix this by running the windows image creator again to create the client image correctly.
3- Before running the windows image creator, go to where the JAR files are, in my case: "C:\Siebel_Install_Image\JAR_126.96.36.199" and look for the two following JAR files:
The problem was here: the Windows_Image_Creator.exe picked only the Base JAR file to create the client install image and for some reasons it did not include the second JAR file which is the language file enu.
4- So my way to get through this was:
a- Moved the Base JAR file SBA_188.8.131.52_Base_Windows_Siebel_Web_Client away to a different location (ex: to Desktop)
b- Renamed the language enu JAR file from SBA_184.108.40.206_enu_Windows_Siebel_Web_Client to SBA_220.127.116.11_Base_Windows_Siebel_Web_Client
c- Run the Windows_Image_Creator.exe. again to create (fix) the Siebel Web Client install image (DO NOT delete the client image that was created before, this step will only fix the existing image by adding the missing folder Disk1)
d- After the the installer is finished, go back to "C:\Siebel_Install_Image\18.104.22.168\Windows\Client\Siebel_Web_Client\Disk1\stage\langs\en" and make sure that now you see two folders (Disk1, Translations)
5- Try to install the Client again, and hopefully this time will work.