4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2013 6:17 AM by Mika_ RSS

11gR2 Ports

Mika_ Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
WLS: wls1036
FR: 11.1.2.1
DB: 11gR2
================================

We need to have forms and reports accessed from outside our building. We installed everything using the defaults values during installation. The ports I have identified to open are the following:

-- 8888 OHS HTTP
-- 8889 OHS HTTPS
-- 8890 OHS HTTPS
-- 9001 Weblogic Server Forms
-- 9002 Weblogic Server Reports

We have the database servers and wls/FR on separate servers.

Do I need to open any ports on the Database Server in order to access Forms and Reports from an outside browser?

I apologize in advance, but the reason I ask and not just go ahead and do it and test this is because we have an outside consulting firm that we use to manage our network and it will cost us $$$ if I don't get this right the first time. I have asked them previously and they said they don't know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • 1. Re: 11gR2 Ports
    HamidHelal Guru
    Hi Mika,
    Mika_ wrote:
    WLS: wls1036
    FR: 11.1.2.1
    DB: 11gR2
    ================================

We need to have forms and reports accessed from outside our building.
    What does it means ?
    outside our building are in the same network ? Mean Local or Intranet OR over internet ?
    Basically it depends on network configuration within in your office. Say, your wls/FR server can access within your building via 192.168.100.1. If you able to access same IP/server IP outside your building, you have no task.
    But you think of Internet, then you need Real IP and it should assign in the wls/FR server in another network card. For example IP 180.234.6.180.

Then you able to access over internet via this type of IP.

We installed everything using the defaults values during installation. The ports I have identified to open are the following:
    >
    -- 8888 OHS HTTP
    -- 8889 OHS HTTPS
    -- 8890 OHS HTTPS
    -- 9001 Weblogic Server Forms
    -- 9002 Weblogic Server Reports

We have the database servers and wls/FR on separate servers.

Do I need to open any ports on the Database Server in order to access Forms and Reports from an outside browser?
    NO. Locally or outside your user only access on wls/FR not database server.
    For example locally http://192.168.100.1:port/... and over internet http://180.234.6.180:port/...
    I apologize in advance, but the reason I ask and not just go ahead and do it and test this is because we have an outside consulting firm that we use to manage our network and it will cost us $$$ if I don't get this right the first time. I have asked them previously and they said they don't know.
    First confirm what you want ? for real IP ask for it to your internet service provider. If your are using dedicated ISP line they should give it FREE.

Hope this helps...

Hamid

If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly.*
  • 2. Re: 11gR2 Ports
    Mika_ Newbie
    Hi Hamid,

Very sorry for posting such a confusing question. Please let me be clear.

The only thing I need to know is what ports to open for internet users to access a Forms and Reports Application.

Everything else is currently in place: intranet, IP Address, DNS, website name, address forwarding, etc.

Thank you in advance for your help, and all previous help is tremendously appreciated.
  • 3. Re: 11gR2 Ports
    HamidHelal Guru
    Mika_ wrote:
    Hi Hamid,

Very sorry for posting such a confusing question. Please let me be clear.

The only thing I need to know is what ports to open for internet users to access a Forms and Reports Application.

Everything else is currently in place: intranet, IP Address, DNS, website name, address forwarding, etc.

Thank you in advance for your help, and all previous help is tremendously appreciated.
    As default installation, you need following port to open
    Hamid
  • 4. Re: 11gR2 Ports
    Mika_ Newbie
    Thank you, Hamid. Your answers very much appreciated.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points