This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2013 8:14 AM by fac586 RSS

Displaying  report on button submit

xarg-Xrc Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, this might be a simple problem but can't figure out where I am going wrong.

I have a report and some bunch of fields above the report to serve as search criteria. I want the report to show only after users click on the "Search" button so it doesnt show at the button with "No Data found" or as a blank region.

So I am relying on the value of REQUEST = name of the button and have condition my report as such. When request = P1_SEARCH (name of the button).

However my report is not showing and the URL (where one of the parameters should have the request value) is unchanged.

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=69745:1

Not sure where I am going wrong. Cheers.

Edited by: xarg-Xrc on Apr 5, 2013 6:00 PM
  • 1. Re: Displaying  report on button submit
    fac586 Guru
    xarg-Xrc wrote:
    Hi, this might be a simple problem but can't figure out where I am going wrong.

I have a report and some bunch of fields above the report to serve as search criteria. I want the report to show only after users click on the "Search" button so it doesnt show at the button with "No Data found" or as a blank region.

So I am relying on the value of REQUEST = name of the button and have condition my report as such. When request = P1_SEARCH (name of the button).

However my report is not showing and the URL (where one of the parameters should have the request value) is unchanged.

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=69745:1

Not sure where I am going wrong.
    <tt>REQUEST</tt> is cleared after page accept processing on the submitted page/before page show processing on the branch target.

To make a <tt>REQUEST</tt> value available during page show processing, set the Request attribute in the branch or URL. Use the <tt>&REQUEST.</tt> substitution string to reuse the current request value, or set it to whatever literal value or substitution string you require.

Another possibility in this situation is to make the report conditional on at least one of the parameters being entered, if this is a prerequisite for it to return any data. Use a PL/SQL expression condition:
    coalesce(:p1_x, :p1_y, :p1_z) is not null
  • 2. Re: Displaying  report on button submit
    Nattu Explorer
    Hi,
    The button name and the REQUEST value may not be same. Check whether you are comparing the REQUEST value correctly.

Regards,

Natarajan
  • 3. Re: Displaying  report on button submit
    fac586 Guru
    Nattu wrote:
    Why is this formatted as code?
    The button name and the REQUEST value may not be same. Check whether you are comparing the REQUEST value correctly.
    Check the example: the button submits a request value of <tt>P1_SEARCH</tt>.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points