2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2013 5:57 PM by selezeus

managing map themes

selezeus
      Hello everybody.

I'm developing, or trying, on Apex 4.2

The issue is about themes and how to manage the positions of diferents Display Points of a theme.

Everybody know that any theme have a map where its position all diferents parts of this map (Body1, Body2, Body3, position01, position02 and so). So when you choice any theme, it come with all this Display points defined. You can see this map rendering any region page and in the item Display Point you can see this map clikking on the light.

My cuestion is next. There is anyway to can manage this map and change position or behavior of those points?. For example , Im interested that under the tabs, to have at the same height, 3 diferentes position, one at left, one at center and other at right. How I can do this?

Regards everybody and thanks in advanced.
        • 1. Re: managing map themes
          fac586
          selezeus wrote:
          Hello everybody.

I'm developing, or trying, on Apex 4.2

The issue is about themes and how to manage the positions of diferents Display Points of a theme.

Everybody know that any theme have a map where its position all diferents parts of this map (Body1, Body2, Body3, position01, position02 and so). So when you choice any theme, it come with all this Display points defined. You can see this map rendering any region page and in the item Display Point you can see this map clikking on the light.

My cuestion is next. There is anyway to can manage this map and change position or behavior of those points?
          Region display points are determined by the position of the <tt>#BOX_BODY#</tt> and <tt>#REGION_POSITION_*#</tt> substitution strings in the page template. You can customize or create a new page template (making a copy of an existing template is recommended) and position the substitution strings as needed.
          For example , Im interested that under the tabs, to have at the same height, 3 diferentes position, one at left, one at center and other at right.
          Most themes will have a display point in this position (for example in theme 25 it is <tt>#REGION_POSITION_06#</tt>). Regions can be assigned to this display point and the horizontal positioning controlled using CSS.
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: managing map themes
            selezeus
            Thanks for your answer.

Im studing what you explain, moreover I have create a new application with theme 26, to test what you say and yes it have a position06 with this.

But, this origin new questions.

1º) How I can know the content of variables like #REGION_ATTRIBUTES# by example. (I test trying to equal one item to this but it dont work)

I think that the way to resolve my problem is guiding by what you explain, but I need a little more of explore and test.

Thanks your help is really helpfull.