Currently Being Moderated
Hi

Fist of all what i'm using:

Apex listener 2.0.1 on D:\listener
Apex 4.2
GlassFish Server 3.1.2.2 Open Source Edition on C:\
Windows 7 x64
Oracle 11g r2

I deployed APEX listener 2.0.1 on GlassFish Server 3.1.2.2 Open Source Edition successfully, but I can't access http://hmarquez-lap:8090/apex/listenerConfigure. It returns a 404 not found.
Also I cannot acces /listenerStatus

I followed the steps to deploy apex listener on glassfish OracleDoc
I double checked I created correctly under default config->security->file managerlistener on Manager group list and adminlistener on Admin group list
Default Principal To Role Mapping is checked on default-config

I don't know if it has to do with any directory or config file, this is the configuration:

After running generate-jvm-report on glassfish console (asadmin.bat)
sun.java.launcher = SUN_STANDARD
sun.jnu.encoding = Cp1252
sun.management.compiler = HotSpot 64-Bit Tiered Com
sun.os.patch.level = Service Pack 1
user.country = US
user.dir = C:\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\domain1\
user.home = C:\Users\hmarquez
user.language = en
user.name = hmarquez
user.timezone = America/Mexico_City
user.variant =
web.home = C:\glassfish3\glassfish\modules\web

C:\Users\hmarquez>echo %USERPROFILE%
C:\Users\hmarquez

C:\Users\hmarquez>echo %TEMP%
C:\Users\hmarquez\AppData\Local\Temp

Also
Where is the apex-config.xml?
Is there any tutorial to configure manually apex/WEB-INF/web.xml

I see this param in apex/WEB-INF/web.xml, but I have not found how to configure it
<param-name>config.dir</param-name>
<!-- Enter the location where configuration settings should be stored -->
<param-value>C:\apex</param-value>

Thanks in advance
-Hector

Edited by: 996127 on Apr 3, 2013 3:22 PM
  • 1. Re: Can't access APEX listener 2.0.1 configure - 404 - Not Found
    Udo Guru
    Hi Hector,
    but I can't access http://hmarquez-lap:8090/apex/listenerConfigure.
    This URL doesn't exist for APEX Listener 2.0.1, as the web interface for configuration has been removed with 2.0. There have been improvements to the command line interface to configure APEX Listener and there is a new interface you can use with SQL Developer since 3.2 (current release 3.2.2 is recommended).

The documentation you've referenced is for APEX Listener 1.1. Please always use the documentation that corresponds to the software release you are using. In your case, this would be the [url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37099_01/doc/doc.20/e25066/toc.htm]APEX Listener 2 Installation and Configuration Guide.

-Udo
  • 2. Re: Can't access APEX listener 2.0.1 configure - 404 - Not Found
    999130 Newbie
    Hi

Actually I followed the tutorial you mentioned to deploy APEX listener. And I wanted to acces listenerConfigure because after I deploy to glassfish successfully I can work with APEX, but after I reboot my computer, when I try to access apex http://hmarquez-lap:8090/apex/ I get HTTP Status 404 he requested resource () is not available. I reinstalled glassfish I was working fine until I rebooted my computer and It happened again

Now when I run
    sun.java.launcher = SUN_STANDARD
    sun.jnu.encoding = Cp1252
    sun.management.compiler = HotSpot 64-Bit Tiered Com
    sun.os.patch.level = Service Pack 1
    user.country = MX
    user.dir = C:\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\domain1\
    user.home = C:\
    user.language = es
    user.name = HMARQUEZ-LAP$
    user.timezone = America/Mexico_City
    user.variant =
    web.home = C:\glassfish3\glassfish\modules\web

user.home changed. And if I re-deploy apex again I get a
    HTTP Status 500
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: PWC3990: getWriter() has already been called for this response
  • 3. Re: Can't access APEX listener 2.0.1 configure - 404 - Not Found
    AndyH Journeyer
    996127 wrote:
    Hi

Actually I followed the tutorial you mentioned to deploy APEX listener. And I wanted to acces listenerConfigure because after I deploy to glassfish successfully I can work with APEX
    The listenerConfigure page does not exist with APEX Listener 2.0.

You need to either configure the jar file before you deploy to Glassfish or use the configuration interface from SQL Developer - I've always used the jar configuration without problem.
  • 4. Re: Can't access APEX listener 2.0.1 configure - 404 - Not Found
    Udo Guru
    Actually I followed the tutorial you mentioned to deploy APEX listener.
    I don't think so. You've probably followed the Installation Guide for the 1.1 release of APEX Listener. I actually did a full text search on the PDF-Version of the document: listenerConfigure hasn't been mentioned once.
    I deploy to glassfish successfully I can work with APEX, but after I reboot my computer, when I try to access apex http://hmarquez-lap:8090/apex/ I get HTTP Status 404 he requested resource () is not available.
    Probably you haven't set up the config.dir, the place where APEX Listener stores its configuration. If you don't do that, it will default to a temporary location, which is being cleaned up upon each restart of your server. I'd not recommend to rerun the configuration after each reboot, but create a configuration once, put it in a permanent location and point config.dir to that location (as documented in the guide...).
    BTW: That setting was more difficult in APEX Listener 1.1 than it is now, and it was none of the parameters configured by listenerConfigure or any other web interface.

-Udo
  • 5. Re: Can't access APEX listener 2.0.1 configure - 404 - Not Found
    999130 Newbie
    Thanks guys

Sorry about the confusion with the apexListener

I was missing setting up cofig.dir hehuhe

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points