4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2013 7:41 AM by Christian Erlinger RSS

Oracle own server is down for 5 hours today

Maahjoor
      Dear all,

i am from oman,
      today when i try to open oracle support site, it give me the message that oracle support server is closed for maintenance purpose,
      and it will be 5 hours down.

my question is that oracle is providing a technology which give no down time, i mean the data guard , Rac etc ,
      if they exists, you have no server down issue.why oracle itself has a server down? and the members are unable to connect?
      it means that oraganizations like BANKS could face an issue for which there oracle server will down for 5 hours?
      what about the data guard and RAC?
      if one server is down, another is up.
      what the big banks will do? they cant afford 5 hours of down time.

Regards
        • 1. Re: Oracle own server is down for 5 hours today
          Billy~Verreynne
          These are not the droids servers you are looking for.

PS. OTN forums and servers have very little to do with Oracle Support services and servers. The former is not a support forum for the latter. Best to contact support directly (there are feedback SRs if I'm not mistaken).
          • 2. Re: Oracle own server is down for 5 hours today
            Osama_Mustafa
            if it's Urgent then call them, or contact them like Billy Said
            • 3. Re: Oracle own server is down for 5 hours today
              EdStevens
              Maahjoor wrote:
              Dear all,

i am from oman,
              today when i try to open oracle support site, it give me the message that oracle support server is closed for maintenance purpose,
              and it will be 5 hours down.

my question is that oracle is providing a technology which give no down time, i mean the data guard , Rac etc ,
              if they exists, you have no server down issue.why oracle itself has a server down? and the members are unable to connect?
              it means that oraganizations like BANKS could face an issue for which there oracle server will down for 5 hours?
              what about the data guard and RAC?
              if one server is down, another is up.
              what the big banks will do? they cant afford 5 hours of down time.

Regards
              I am sure Oracle applies those High Availability technologies to their business-critical systems. I am also sure that these forums are about as far from "business-critical" as you can get and so do not justify the expense of a HA system.
              • 4. Re: Oracle own server is down for 5 hours today
                Christian Erlinger
                As you know nothing about
                - the hardware MOS is running on
                - the software MOS is running on
                - the application (MOS) itself
                - the update/patch/fix/whatever they put into production on hardware/software/application

you can't tell why it needed to go down for 5 hours. For all we know one possibility might be that they have ported the oracle database on ARMv6, kicked out their current servers and moved MOS on a Raspberry Pi cluster in a Lego Case (something like this one) ;-)

cheers