This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 12:34 AM by JoeHolder RSS

Using existing C++  class with managed template if class in namespace

JoeHolder Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

does anyone know make an existing C++ class that is declared within nested namespaces into a Coherence managed template class?

I have a class and declared within reuters::transactions::tds::cache

called CacheD3ContextTerminalData.

I declare the <<, == and hash functions for it.

I've tried variants on either calling 'using namespace reuters::transactions::tds::cache;' or passing in the fully qualified class name to these functions.

If I use the 'using namespace' the binary operator is not found in Management.hpp.

If I try passing in the fully qualified class name everywhere I get the same problem - an addtionally if I try and pass it into COH_REGISTER_MANAGED_CLASS the macro seems to truncate the classname at 'reuters'

If I declare CacheD3ContextTerminalData outside of any namespaces it is ok.

But isn't the idea to support existing classes?

Many thanks if anyone knows how to do this.

Joe
  • 1. Re: Using existing C++  class with managed template if class in namespace
    mfalco Journeyer
    Hi Joe,

Yes, Managed is meant to work with namespaced classes, please try the following:

- declare the three free functions in the reuters::transactions::tds::cache namespace
    - issue the COH_REGISTER_MANAGED_CLASS with the short class name, thus you either do it from within the reuters::transactions::tds::cache namespace or after a corresponding "using namespace"

In your application code when using the Managed wrapper you should be able to either use Managed<CacheD3ContextTerminalData> directly if you've also done a "using namespace reuters::transactions::tds::cache" from within that file, or the fully qualified Managed<reuters::transactions::tds::cache::CacheD3ContextTerminalData> if you have not.

If this does not work for you, please reply with the Coherence version, and compiler and version you are using, and if possible a small reproducer.

thanks,

Mark
    Oracle Coherence
  • 2. Re: Using existing C++  class with managed template if class in namespace
    JoeHolder Newbie
    Hi Mark,

Thanks very much for the tips.

I found it worked for me if I did the following :

*1) declare the free functions in the namespace*

namespace reuters
    {
         namespace transactions
         {
              namespace tds
              {
                   namespace cache
                   {
                        class CacheD3ContextFactory;

class CacheD3Context : public reuters::transactions::tds::ID3Context
                        {
                             // -class goes here

};
                        // ----- free functions -----------------------------------------------------

/**
                        * Output this CacheD3Context to the stream
                        */
                        std::ostream& operator<<(std::ostream& out, const CacheD3Context& info);

/**
                        * Perform an equality test on two CacheD3Context objects
                        * @return true if the objects are equal
                        */
                        bool operator==(const CacheD3Context& cdA, const CacheD3Context& cdB);

/**
                        * Return the hash for the CacheD3Context.
                        */
                        size_t hash_value(const CacheD3Context& cd);
                   }
              }
         }
    }

*2) In the corresponding .CPP file define the body of the free functions in the namespace*

namespace reuters
    {
         namespace transactions
         {
              namespace tds
              {
                   namespace cache
                   {
                        std::ostream& operator<<(std::ostream& out, const CacheD3Context& cc)
                        {
                             out << "CacheD3Context("
                                       << "remoteTerminalData="          << cc.getRemoteTerminalData()
    ...etc....
                                       << ", type="                         << cc.getType()
                                       << ')';
                             return out;
                        }

bool operator==(const CacheD3Context& ccA, const CacheD3Context& ccB)
                        {
                             return     ccA.getRemoteTerminalData()          == ccA.getRemoteTerminalData()          &&
    ...etc....
                                       ccA.getType()                         == ccB.getType();
                        }

size_t hash_value(const CacheD3Context& cc)
                        {
                             return size_t(&cc); // identity hash (note: not suitable for cache keys)
                        }
                   }
              }
         }
    }

*3) In the serialize CPP files use the namespace and declare with the short name*

using namespace reuters::transactions::tds::cache;

COH_REGISTER_MANAGED_CLASS(1012, CacheD3Context);

Thanks again

Joe

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points