This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 3:22 AM by Abdul Nazar Ali RSS

Sqldeveloper capturing null DB during Migration Sysbase 15 to Oracle 11g.

Abdul Nazar Ali Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am doing offline migration from Sybase to Oracle using SQLdeveloper 3.0.02 . I have performed below steps:

1) Create a user (without CREATE ROLE, CREATE USER, DROP ANY SEQUENCE, DROP ANY TABLE, DROP ANY TRIGGER, DROP USER, DROP ANY ROLE, GRANT ANY ROLE privileges due to security reasons I can't have these privileges. This user have all other privileges suggest as per Oracle docs)
2) Create a migration repository
3) Made a connection and associate the migration repository to it.
4) Generate the offline Sybase capture files using sqldeveloper and generate the dat files having Sybase structure.
5) Tool -> migration -> migrate -> following the wizard instructions I start the migration.

Now the message window showing me 1) capturing connections 2) capturing catalogs and then directly migration is successful. Finally there is no error message.

I have checked the migration project navigation window and found that sql developer has captured the null database.

I checked the migration repository tables and found that only MD_CONNECTIONS, MD_CATALOGS and MD_DERIVATIVE tables are populated.

Could you please suggest me why SQL developer captured the null database. ( No Sybase database objects are captured from Sybase15.ocp file)

ASAP reply would be appreciated.

Regards
Abdul

Edited by: Abdul Nazar Ali on Apr 9, 2013 9:28 AM

Edited by: Abdul Nazar Ali on Apr 9, 2013 9:28 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points