I am doing offline migration from Sybase to Oracle using SQLdeveloper 3.0.02 . I have performed below steps:
1) Create a user (without CREATE ROLE, CREATE USER, DROP ANY SEQUENCE, DROP ANY TABLE, DROP ANY TRIGGER, DROP USER, DROP ANY ROLE, GRANT ANY ROLE privileges due to security reasons I can't have these privileges. This user have all other privileges suggest as per Oracle docs)
2) Create a migration repository
3) Made a connection and associate the migration repository to it.
4) Generate the offline Sybase capture files using sqldeveloper and generate the dat files having Sybase structure.
5) Tool -> migration -> migrate -> following the wizard instructions I start the migration.
Now the message window showing me 1) capturing connections 2) capturing catalogs and then directly migration is successful. Finally there is no error message.
I have checked the migration project navigation window and found that sql developer has captured the null database.
I checked the migration repository tables and found that only MD_CONNECTIONS, MD_CATALOGS and MD_DERIVATIVE tables are populated.
Could you please suggest me why SQL developer captured the null database. ( No Sybase database objects are captured from Sybase15.ocp file)
At that time SQL developer was not able to capture the connection details. The error msg was "Capturing connection failed". So we downloaded the sybase jtds driver and recaptured ocp files from sybase and run the migration again...this time capture connection is successful and capturing of cataloge is successful and after that sql developer can't able to capture any sybase db objects from sybase15.ocp
We going to upgrade sql developer to latest version and will try it again.