This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 6:51 AM by Howard (... in Training) RSS

formating a table without headings

user543491 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I want to make a report which is formated (rebuilding an older tool in Access).
So on the one hand I need some formattings which I implemented with the search bar in the interavtive report.
(content of the first column is the heading for a table with the rest of the content of all rows
which have the sam content in the first column)
On the other hand I don't want to show the headings of the columns,
what I solved with the classic report(report attributes/ column attributes: none).
Is the a solution to match these two requirements in one report?

Thx for answers!
  • 1. Re: formating a table without headings
    Howard (... in Training) Pro
    Sorry that there have been no replies yet. Are you still working on this or did you solve it? I've been busy -- and it's late now. If you are still working it, tomorrow i'll see what I can figure out. Or perhaps someone else will respond.

Kind Regards,
    Howard
  • 2. Re: formating a table without headings
    fac586 Guru
    >

Please update your profile with a real handle instead of "997804", and read the FAQ and forum sticky threads (if you haven't done so already).

You'll get a faster, more effective response to your questions by including as much relevant information as possible upfront. This should include:

<li>Full APEX version
    <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS
    <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
    <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used
    <li>Theme
    <li>Template(s)
    <li>Region/item type(s)

With APEX we're fortunate to have a great resource in apex.oracle.com where we can reproduce and share problems. Reproducing things there is the best way to troubleshoot most issues, especially those relating to layout and visual formatting. If you expect a detailed answer then it's appropriate for you to take on a significant part of the effort by getting as far as possible with an example of the problem on apex.oracle.com before asking for assistance with specific issues, which we can then see at first hand.
    I want to make a report which is formated (rebuilding an older tool in Access).
    So on the one hand I need some formattings which I implemented with the search bar in the interavtive report.
    (content of the first column is the heading for a table with the rest of the content of all rows
    which have the sam content in the first column)
    On the other hand I don't want to show the headings of the columns,
    what I solved with the classic report(report attributes/ column attributes: none).
    Is the a solution to match these two requirements in one report?
    The requirement is not clear. Suggest you try to explain in more detail, preferably with the assistance of an example on apex.oracle.com.
  • 3. Re: formating a table without headings
    Hi,

A thought/suggestion about using apex.oracle.com.

When setting up an example on apex.oracle.com, there different approachs one can use.
    1. If you can contruct a simple example of what you are trying to do,
        or what almost works,
        or what is producing an error,
        that's very helpful for those trying to understand the problem and suggest a solution.
    2. But if the problem is that you can't get anything to work, or
        you are not sure how to construct a simple example,
        then perhaps you can take a screen shot of what you have on your own APEX system, or
        you can create a graphic (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) of what you have in mind,
        then create an image (JPG, etc.) and display this image on a page in an apex.oracle.com application.

Howard

Edited by: Howard (... in Training) on Apr 9, 2013 8:14 AM
  • 4. Re: formating a table without headings
    Looking a the Column Defintions on an Interactive Report, I see that "Column Heading" is red-asterisked meaning it's required. Now, you can probably put a dash there if you want to shrink it down, or even use "&amp;nbsp;" but it still shows an underline under the space. (Note all the headings are underlined. The underline identifies that column as a "linking" column. Click the column value and you invoke some addiitonal functionality like sort, group, etc.)

Maybe you could hide this whole Column Heading area by changing the template. Is that what you want to do?

Howard

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points