4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2013 1:30 AM by Billy~Verreynne RSS

use ssh from PL/SQL to execute bat file on windows server

k1ng87
      I have Oracle 11g and was wondering if it was possible to use SSH at the end of my PL/SQL statement to run a BAT located on a remote windows machine on that remote machine...I think I need to have SSH on the windows server like FreeSSHD, right?
        • 1. Re: use ssh from PL/SQL to execute bat file on windows server
          InoL
          To execute host scripts it's best to use dbms_scheduler.
          With dbms_scheduler you can also execute OS commands on a different server, not only on the database server. It needs some setup on the Windows server.
          http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/11g/scheduler-enhancements-11gr1.php
          • 2. Re: use ssh from PL/SQL to execute bat file on windows server
            k1ng87
            What if the Oracle box is a UNIX platform and the other a windows platform..would that still be possible?
            • 3. Re: use ssh from PL/SQL to execute bat file on windows server
              sb92075
              user13340968 wrote:
              What if the Oracle box is a UNIX platform and the other a windows platform..would that still be possible?
              problem & solution are external to Oracle
              what must be done at OS level on UNIX to invoke *BAT file on Windows system?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
              • 4. Re: use ssh from PL/SQL to execute bat file on windows server
                Billy~Verreynne
                Please do not ask the same question multiple times in this forum!

{thread:id=2522136}