This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2013 5:02 AM by 940907 RSS

Weblogic Security Realm for Authentication

940907 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Can anyone provide me with the steps needed to create an authenticator (probably a RDBMS authenticator, I do not know exactly), for a weblogic 10.3.5 security realm, through which I can authenticate users who would try to log into my web application?

I want user names and passwords to be matched with those into the database automatically by the authenticator.

Also I have to write Customize authentication process like track login count, Adding user to group, Remove user from group, Authenticate user with SHA-1 as hashing algorithm.

Thanks in Advance
  • 1. Re: Weblogic Security Realm for Authentication
    689588 Newbie
    See Configuring RDBMS Authentication Providers here:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/web.1111/e13707/atn.htm#i1205082

You'll also need to create a data source that points to your database. Specify the name of your data source in the data source attribute of the authentication provider. If you just want to use the AP to authenticate your users, I suggest you go with a Read-only SQL authenticator, and handle your other tasks through your application code.

Good luck.
  • 2. Re: Weblogic Security Realm for Authentication
    940907 Newbie
    Hi,

Thanks for response.

As I said I have to Customize authentication process like track login count, Adding user to group, Remove user from group, Authenticate user with SHA-1 as hashing algorithm.

Which provider is appropriate.

Also please provide step by step configuration with example.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points