7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2013 6:57 AM by CraigB RSS

Oracle Forms and Reports 10.2

1002210 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have some Oracle CDs from version 10:

- The Oracle database 10.2
- Oracle developer suite 10.2
- Oracle BI Tools

What I want is to execute an oracle forms application that we have developed in the past, but I don't have "Oracle Forms and Reports 10" and I think that the OAS that comes with the BI Tools is not enough to execute the forms application. Is it? It is supossed that maybe the Oracle Forms and Reports server part is included on the oracle developer suite but I can't find it. Do i need an OAS full installlation CD? can I have such version of the Oracle Forms And Reports

Thank you very much
  • 1. Re: Oracle Forms and Reports 10.2
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    user1740719 wrote:
    I have some Oracle CDs from version 10:

- Oracle BI Tools

What I want is to execute an oracle forms application that we have developed in the past, but I don't have "Oracle Forms and Reports 10" and I think that the OAS that comes with the BI Tools is not enough to execute the forms application. Is it? It is supossed that maybe the Oracle Forms and Reports server part is included on the oracle developer suite but I can't find it. Do i need an OAS full installlation CD? can I have such version of the Oracle Forms And Reports

Thank you very much
    Oracle Developer Suite 10g (10.1.2.0.2) can be downloaded from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/developer-suite/downloads/index.html

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Oracle Forms and Reports 10.2
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    Developer Tools (iDS) 10.1.2.0.2 is available for download on the bottom of the Forms download page on OTN.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/downloads/index.html

This software remains available for customers upgrading from older versions and moving to the current versions (11.1.x). This software includes the developer tools (e.g. Builders) as well as the "+for development use only+" release of oc4j. This software is intended for designtime purposes only and not intended for production deployments. For production deployments of applications developed in iDS 10.1.2, you will need Application Server 10.1.2.0.2. Keep in mind that both iDS 10 and iAS 10 are no longer supported. It is recommended that you upgrade to the latest version which is either 11.1.1.7 or 11.1.2.1
  • 3. Re: Oracle Forms and Reports 10.2
    1002210 Newbie
    I need it for a production enviroment, and what I need is a product called "Oracle Forms and Reports 10". The other solution would be the configuration for the OAS that comes with BI in order to execute a form application. So my problem is that I don't have such CD and I am not migrating. Is it posible to get this CD? is there a way to configure the OAS that comes with BI (not the full OAS)?

Thank you very much
  • 4. Re: Oracle Forms and Reports 10.2
    InoL Guru
    but I don't have "Oracle Forms and Reports 10"
    "Oracle Forms and Reports 10" is the same as the Developer Suite 10g. As the name suggests, this is for developing forms and reports. You can use it on your PC to build and run forms and reports.

To run forms and reports for other users, you need OAS Enterprise Edition (which comes with Forms and Reports services, but there is also a special version for just Forms and Reports).
  • 5. Re: Oracle Forms and Reports 10.2
    1002210 Newbie
    That special version is the one that I am interested in, but I don't have the CD ¿is it imposible to obtain it from Oracle? do I have to migrate the app to 11?
  • 6. Re: Oracle Forms and Reports 10.2
    InoL Guru
    I believe the base version is still found here:
    http://download.oracle.com/otn/nt/ias/101202/as_windows_x86_forms_reports_101202.zip
    (for Windows).
  • 7. Re: Oracle Forms and Reports 10.2
    CraigB Guru
    - Oracle BI Tools>
    That special version is the one that I am interested in, but I don't have the CD ¿is it imposible to obtain it from Oracle? do I have to migrate the app to 11?
    Your original post indicates you already have Forms/Reports 10 - it is included in Oracle Developer Suite (ODS) 10.2, although, I don't think you have the version number listed correctly. In any case, the point is that Forms/Reports is included in the ODS. The only thing you are missing is the Oracle Application Server (OAS) 10g.
    I need it for a production enviroment,...
    Well, Oracle Forms/Reports 10g is no longer supported so using it in a production environment is not recommended. Also, as Michael pointed out, any of the software you download from Oracle's web site is for *"Development use only."* To use the software in a "Production" environment, you need a license agreement with Oracle.

I recommend you use the current supported version, which is WebLogic Server 10.3.5 or 10.3.6 and Oracle Fusion Middleware (FMw) 11g which includes the Forms and Reports 11g tools.

Craig...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points