This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2013 1:43 AM by 959553 RSS

Could not find Sql Server tab page in Connection option.

Nasir Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear All,

I'm using Sql Developer version Version 3.2.20.09.
I've to migrate data from Sql Server to Oracle 11g. when i go for connection option i could not find Sql Server tab page there. Please guide me how can i create connection for SQL Server

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: Could not find Sql Server tab page in Connection option.
    Jeff Smith SQLDev PM ACE Moderator
    Use Check for Updates and get the jdbc driver (jTDS) for SQL Server and Sybase.
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/migration/omwb-getstarted-093461.html#conf
  • 2. Re: Could not find Sql Server tab page in Connection option.
    Nasir Newbie
    Thanks for your response Smith, i have downloaded the driver and added its entry but when i go for the updates, it didn't completed due to an error :

"An error occurred downloading updates. Click Back to return to the previous page and retry installation, or cancel to close the wizard.

http://www.oracle.com/ocom/groups/public/@otn/documents/webcontent/null".

Please provide me any link from where i can directly download the updates for Sql Developer.

Thanks.
  • 3. Re: Could not find Sql Server tab page in Connection option.
    Irian Pro
    You could download the driver directly from sourceforge as stated in the documentation Jeff already posted
    Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase: jTDS driver available from http://jtds.sourceforge.net/. Use version 1.2 (Download available from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=33291)
    When you download the jtds distribution, you download an archive file called jtds-1.2-dist.zip. The binary driver jar file is located within this file is called jtds-1.2.jar
    Then follow the instructions there and you should be ready to go.
  • 4. Re: Could not find Sql Server tab page in Connection option.
    Nasir Newbie
    Thanks, Tab page is added and i've created connection with SQL server. but when i go for "Migrate to Oracle" option and run wizard when i reached "Source Database" step and select "Online" option and SQL server Connection after pressing Next button it throws following Exceptions:

"java.lang.Exception: The plugin used to capture this model is not available. Please re-install the plugin and try again before convert.
         at oracle.dbtools.migration.workbench.core.ui.quickmigrate.QMWizard$ContextHelper.getMigrationPluginOnline(QMWizard.java:918)
         at oracle.dbtools.migration.workbench.core.ui.quickmigrate.CapturePageMigration.initPageState(CapturePageMigration.java:312)
         at oracle.dbtools.migration.workbench.core.ui.quickmigrate.CapturePageMigration.onEntry(CapturePageMigration.java:81)
         at oracle.ide.wizard.FSMWizard.gotoPanel(FSMWizard.java:743)
         at oracle.ide.wizard.FSMWizard.setSelectedPage(FSMWizard.java:463)
         at oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.BaseWizard.selectPage(BaseWizard.java:1964)
         at oracle.ide.wizard.FSMWizard.selectPage(FSMWizard.java:447)
         at oracle.ide.wizard.FSMWizard.doNext(FSMWizard.java:322)
         at oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.BaseWizard$Action$1.run(BaseWizard.java:3944)
         at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
         at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:672)
         at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:81)
         at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:633)
         at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:631)
         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
         at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)
         at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:642)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:178)
         at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Dialog.java:1052)
         at java.awt.Dialog$3.run(Dialog.java:1104)
         at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1102)
         at java.awt.Component.show(Component.java:1591)
         at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Component.java:1543)
         at java.awt.Window.setVisible(Window.java:843)
         at java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Dialog.java:987)
         at oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.WizardDialog.runDialog(WizardDialog.java:382)
         at oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.WizardDialog.runDialog(WizardDialog.java:298)
         at oracle.ide.dialogs.WizardLauncher.runDialog(WizardLauncher.java:51)
         at oracle.dbtools.migration.workbench.core.ui.quickmigrate.QMWizard.launch(QMWizard.java:117)
         at oracle.dbtools.migration.workbench.core.QMLauncher.launch(QMLauncher.java:40)
         at oracle.dbtools.migration.workbench.core.WizardDrillLink.performDrill(WizardDrillLink.java:106)
         at oracle.dbtools.raptor.controls.grid.ResultSetTableCellEditor$4.actionPerformed(ResultSetTableCellEditor.java:500)
         at oracle.javatools.ui.RichHintLabel$1.hyperlinkUpdate(RichHintLabel.java:183)
         at javax.swing.JEditorPane.fireHyperlinkUpdate(JEditorPane.java:326)
         at oracle.dbtools.raptor.controls.grid.ResultSetTableCellEditor$5.run(ResultSetTableCellEditor.java:510)
         at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
         at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:672)
         at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:81)
         at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:633)
         at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:631)
         at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)
         at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:642)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
    "
    is there any update missing or something else please guide.
  • 5. Re: Could not find Sql Server tab page in Connection option.
    Irian Pro
    This is strange, maybe your installation got corrupted somehow, so you could try reinstalling from scratch and see if it helps (remember to install into a new clean directory).

You could also check into
    Help -> About -> Extensions
    and see if there is something like:
    Oracle SQL Developer - Migrations Microsoft SQL Server     oracle.sqldeveloper.migration.sqlserver
  • 6. Re: Could not find Sql Server tab page in Connection option.
    Nasir Newbie
    Yes its there in the Extension "Oracle SQL Developer - Migrations Microsoft SQL Server     oracle.sqldeveloper.migration.sqlserver".

One more thing i want to tell you, i'm using Windows 8 is that the one of reason of these issues ?
  • 7. Re: Could not find Sql Server tab page in Connection option.
    Irian Pro
    Not sure if Windows 8 can be an issue, but to avoid any doubt you could try to start a migration from a Windows 7 or even XP box.

The message you encounter seems to indicate that the migration plugin is not installed, but you can see it in your system, so something strange is definitely happening.

Also when reinstalling SQLDeveloper, make sure you are using a 1.6 JDK, since 1.7 is not officially supported yet.
  • 8. Re: Could not find Sql Server tab page in Connection option.
    959553 Newbie

Hi All,

I meet the same issue on win 7. but my sqlserver is 2012. Could we migrate sqlserver 2012 to oracle 11g with sqldev now ?

Best Regards

Michael

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points