This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2013 12:16 PM by Abhinav Mittal RSS

Unable to send Notification from Human Task in SOA 11.1.1.5

Abhinav Mittal Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All

I have configured all the necessary settings required to send notifications from Human task and even i am able to send Test Notification from Human Task Engine.

But, whenver i run the BPEL process and task is assigned to Human Task, the notification email is not sent to the assigned user.

Can someone help me out of this.

I need to configure actionable email and hence email activity is not an option.

Regards
ACM
  • 1. Re: Unable to send Notification from Human Task in SOA 11.1.1.5
    Anuj Dwivedi Guru
    Have you assigned the task to a group or to an individual user? Do you see any error in the server-diagnostic log?

Regards,
    Anuj
  • 2. Re: Unable to send Notification from Human Task in SOA 11.1.1.5
    Abhinav Mittal Newbie
    Hi Anuj

Thanks for the reply.

No, i don't see any logs in soa-diagonistic.txt

Also, i have assigned the task to user.I also went to the preferences section and from Notification, i added one more notification and set it as default.

The email did come but it is not coming from the Human Task notifcation but the channel which i have added.

In that mail, i get following error

Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (oracle.security.jps.JpsPermission IdentityAssertion)
         at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:374)
         at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:546)
         at oracle.security.jps.util.JpsAuth$AuthorizationMechanism$3.checkPermission(JpsAuth.java:436)
         at oracle.security.jps.util.JpsAuth.checkPermission(JpsAuth.java:496)
         at oracle.security.jps.util.JpsAuth.checkPermission(JpsAuth.java:519)
         at oracle.security.jps.internal.jaas.AbstractSubjectSecurity.checkPermission(AbstractSubjectSecurity.java:144)
         at oracle.security.jps.internal.jaas.AbstractSubjectSecurity.getActionExecutor(AbstractSubjectSecurity.java:82)
         at oracle.bpel.services.workflow.client.worklist.util.WorkflowFilter$1.run(WorkflowFilter.java:261)
         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
         at oracle.bpel.services.workflow.client.worklist.util.WorkflowFilter.invokeFilterChainSecurely(WorkflowFilter.java:258)
         ... 39 more

Regards
    Abhinav
  • 3. Re: Unable to send Notification from Human Task in SOA 11.1.1.5
    Anuj Dwivedi Guru
    Abhinav,

Can you try to assign the task to default administrator and see if the admin receives the mail. Can you also try to test the same composite in any other domain.

Regards,
    Anuj
  • 4. Re: Unable to send Notification from Human Task in SOA 11.1.1.5
    shayrikh Newbie
    Check whether the email from your BPEL process had been sent.
    To check this , login in EM console.
    soa-infra -> Service Engines -> Human Workflow ->Notification management ->Outgoing Notifications
    Check the status column.
    In case status shows "retry" , click it to retry sending the email.
    Check SMTP server logs for delivery failure errors.

Regards.
  • 5. Re: Unable to send Notification from Human Task in SOA 11.1.1.5
    user7414760 Newbie
    I am also getting same error in email body. Could you please let me know if you resolved this and how?

Thanks
    Ravi
  • 6. Re: Unable to send Notification from Human Task in SOA 11.1.1.5
    Abhinav Mittal Newbie
    Dear All

I could resolve the issue and it happens because of following :

when you Install SOA and <OtherProduct> for e.g.WebCenter into Same MWHome, Issue is caused by installing SOA and Webcenter in the same Middleware home and creating a domain that has both WebCenter and SOA selected in the configuration wizard. While doing this, permissions to bpm-services.jar referenced by oracle.soa.workflow.wc application are not correctly set up.

After the domain has been created, permissions to bpm-services.jar referenced by oracle.soa.workflow.wc deployment have to be granted correctly. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Go to WebLogic Server console and click on deployment. Click on oracle.soa.workflow.wc and locate path directory.
    b. Open DOMAIN_HOME/config/fmwconfig/system-jazn-data.xml. Make sure that the bpm-services.jar path directory is same as above.
    c. If not, copy the entire <grant> block for the bpm-services.jar and paste the entire grant block again in the file.
    d. Change the directory location of the new copy of the bpm-services.jar grant block to match the path that was located in step 1.
    e. Restart server.

It should work

Thanks
    Cheers

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points