This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 12, 2013 1:09 AM by jiyong RSS

Siebel Client patch 8.1.1.8 FileNotFoundExcept file used by another process

1002534 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am trying to patch remote web client from 8.1.1.2 to 8.1.1.8 on several PCs. I have created a script which run the setup.bat in silent mode with the right inputs for oracle_home and oracle_home_name. This is the command:
setup.bat -silent -nowait -ignorepatchconflicts ORACLE_HOME=C:\Siebel\8.1\Client_1 ORACLE_HOME_NAME=Siebel8_home1 DECLINE_SECURITY_UPDATES=TRUE

This works fine and the installer logs the installation as successful. However things are not as they're suppose to be.. When I go through the .err log files (in C:\Siebel\8.1\Client_1\cfgtoollogs\oui) there are several .ddl updates which have failed because the file was used by another process..

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Siebel\8.1\Client_1\BIN\ENU\srcacmd.dll

After doing some testing I have found that it is the Autosync.exe that uses the dll's. So autosync should be closed when installing..

So why not rollback and do a proper install with autosync shut down? Well, because the installer didn't feel like making a backup of the old version.. Great...!

My question is this: Is there any way to force the installer to run again even though it says the 8.1.1.8 version is already installed? It would be great if there where anyway to "fool" the installer to think version 8.1.1.8 is not installed..

Thanks!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points