This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2013 6:22 AM by KR10822864 RSS

CRS-0184: Cannot communicate with the CRS daemon.

778211 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am facing error on 2 node rac.

./crsctl check crs
Failure 1 contacting CSS daemon
Cannot communicate with CRS
Cannot communicate with EVM

1ogr2 rac
linux el5

i tried many ways to bring it up, but so far didnt succeed, i even rebooted the server..

The linux team issued the command : service network restart

since then crs is down on node 2. but up on node 1..

i tried many work arounds no success.

need help

thanks
  • 1. Re: CRS-0184: Cannot communicate with the CRS daemon.
    onedbguru Pro
    Tell your SA to NEVER EVER EVER issue any start/stop/modiy command relating to ANY device in use by RAC. Period!!! And furthermore, NEVER EVER just "shutdown" the system without first taking down the DATABASE and RAC environment.

Check to make sure that your OCR/VOTING devices have the correct permissions (oracle:dba 0660)
    Also make sure your network is still configured the way it was before issuing the reboot/restart commands.

You cannot willy-nilly modify anything relating to the RAC environment without following the proper RAC procedures to do so.
  • 2. Re: CRS-0184: Cannot communicate with the CRS daemon.
    KR10822864 Pro
    user11914238 wrote:
    Hi,

I am facing error on 2 node rac.

./crsctl check crs
    Failure 1 contacting CSS daemon
    Cannot communicate with CRS
    Cannot communicate with EVM

1ogr2 rac
    linux el5

i tried many ways to bring it up, but so far didnt succeed, i even rebooted the server..

The linux team issued the command : service network restart

since then crs is down on node 2. but up on node 1..

i tried many work arounds no success.
    have you checked below logs?. hope you may get clues from those logs.

$ORA_CRS_HOME/crs/log Contains trace files for the crs resources.you may get error details ....etc..
    $ORA_CRS_HOME/crs/init Contains trace files of the CRS daemon during startup and it may show any CRS login problems etc...
    $ORA_CRS_HOME/css/log The Cluster Synchronization (CSS) logs indicate all actions such as reconfigurations, missed check-ins, connects, and disconnects from the
    client CSS listener. In some cases, the logger logs messages with the category of auth.crit for the reboots done by Oracle. This could be used for checking the exact time when the reboot occurred.
    $ORA_CRS_HOME/css/init Contains core dumps from the Oracle Cluster Synchronization Service daemon (OCSSd) and the process ID (PID) for the CSS daemon whose
    death is treated as fatal. If abnormal restarts for CSS exist, the core files will have the format of core..etc...
    $ORA_CRS_HOME/srvm/log Log files for Oracle Cluster Registry , which contains the details at the Oracle cluster level.
    $ORA_CRS_HOME//log Log files cluster alert log, which contains diagnostic messages at the Oracle cluster level. This is available from Oracle database 10g r2.

support.oracle.com
    docs.oracle.com

Edited by: KR10822864 on Apr 13, 2013 5:43 AM
  • 3. Re: CRS-0184: Cannot communicate with the CRS daemon.
    KR10822864 Pro
    have you removed manually any tmpfiles...where /tmp/.oracle, /usr/tmp/.oracle or /var/tmp/.oracle please confirm.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points