This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2013 12:02 PM by TexasApexDeveloper RSS

loop with apex_application

965922 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am making a loop with the apex_application, but my loop is inline and not collumn.
Has how concatenates APEX_APPLICATION.G_f0||I ?
Example of code:
FOR I IN 8 .. 32 LOOP
IF I < 10 THEN
V_SOM_QTD := V_SOM_QTD + TO_NUMBER(NVL(APEX_APPLICATION.G_f0||I,0));
ELSE
V_SOM_QTD := V_SOM_QTD + TO_NUMBER(NVL(APEX_APPLICATION.G_f||I,0));
END IF;
END LOOP;
  • 1. Re: loop with apex_application
    fac586 Guru
    You have to create a dynamic PL/SQL block that references the array.

See +{message:id=9267909}+

However, I wouldn't bother. In the time it's taken to get a response here, plus however long it takes to get the dynamic code working, you could have typed/cut/pasted/edited the 24 direct references required several times over. Sometimes the most obvious solution really is the solution...

-----

Please post code using <tt>\
    ...\
    </tt> tags as described in the FAQ.
  • 2. Re: loop with apex_application
    Arie Geller Guru
    Hello Paulo,

>> I am making a loop with the apex_application, but my loop is inline and not collumn.

You didn’t specify the APEX version you are using. If it’s 4.1 and above, you no longer need to loop through the various G_Fxx arrays, but you can reference the column value on each row by using a bind variable notation with the name of the column.

As Paul mentioned, It’s a bit more code to write, but for the long run it’s easier to maintain and it's more readable.

Regards,
    Arie.

-------------------------------------------------------
    &diams; Please remember to mark appropriate posts as correct/helpful. For the long run, it will benefit us all.

&diams; Author of Oracle Application Express 3.2 – The Essentials and More
  • 3. Re: loop with apex_application
    selezeus Newbie
    Hi Arie good morning.

I have read this from you in a old post :

you no longer need to loop through the various G_Fxx arrays, but you can reference the column value on each row by using a bind variable notation with the name of the column.

I'm trying to reference a item in a row inside a tabular form and looking how to do this I find that post.

Im using APEX 4.2

Can you tell me how I can do this?. For example I have a page item (P6_order by example) and I want that when the user focus on a row I want to asign a value of one item of this row to this item.

I have done a Dynamic Action, and the logic work, but Im mistake in the way that I asign the value from the row item to the page item.
    Can you help me in this?.

Thanks in advanced & regards.
  • 4. Re: loop with apex_application
    TexasApexDeveloper Guru
    PLEASE DO NOT POST TO THREADS THAT ARE THIS OLD.. The original posters will NOT get notified of your posting and MIGHT not even be here any long..

Instead, try posting a NEW THREAD and reference BACK to the old thread if you need..

Thank you,

Tony Miller
    LuvMuffin Software
    Ruckersville, VA

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points