5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2013 10:48 AM by Veeresh Rayan RSS

Introducing New Flex Fields

Hi,

I am planing to introduce the new Flex fields to the existing mappings of 7.9.6.4 version.

Could you please advice what are all the mappings needs to be changed and where to change the mappings to introduce the new flex fields into the ware house.

If possible steps to introduce the new flex fields from the EBS to Warehouse DB.

Thanks,
      Babu
        • 1. Re: Introducing New Flex Fields
          Veeresh Rayan
          Could you confirm me that it is DFF which you are trying to introduce?..

Regards,
          Veeresh Rayan
          • 2. Re: Introducing New Flex Fields
            Hi,

Thanks for the update, Yes we are trying to introduce the new DFF.

Ex :- For AR module , the new DFF is

Flexfield Title : Invoice Trasaction Flexfield

Flexfield Name : Number of Transaction Lines per Invoice

Segment / Attribute : Header_Attribute 15

High Level Requirement on Flex Field : To get the report with total lines count for the specific invoice

Thanks,
            Babu.
            • 3. Re: Introducing New Flex Fields
              Veeresh Rayan
              Getting DFF is pretty simple job..

Follow these steps
              1)Identify the subject area where you want to pull the column.
              2)Identify the fact table or dimension where you want to put the data.(You can do so by running simple report which has other attributes or DFF's).
              3)Identiy the mappings using lineage guide or DAC.
              4)Alter the necessary tables STAGE and target in DB to add one more additional column.
              5)Alter the mappings identified as above to include these columns and bring it throgh SDE,SILOS as well.
              6)Do a full load to verify data is getting loaded into this column.
              7)Open RPD and add this column alone .Do not break any relationship in the RPD. Drag column to BMM and then to presentation Subject area.

Though it is simple job but requires effort to complete.You better be careful with informatica mappings(have back up before u start working on them).

One more thing,U may be copying mappings to new folder and then do changes.If u do so u might need to register new folder in DAC.

Otherwise u can modify in the existing mappings,which is not advisible(Thinking of future patching/upgrade of BI apps).

Mark helpfull or correct if it answers.

Regards,
              Veeresh Rayan
              • 4. Re: Introducing New Flex Fields
                Hi,

Thanks for the update, Could you please tell me subject areas, dimensions and facts to be modified.

Thanks,
                Babu.
                • 5. Re: Introducing New Flex Fields
                  Veeresh Rayan
                  I will not be able to tell you the subject area ,dimension and fact.

Please check with your functional team or business users in which subject area they want to build the report using new fields.

Remaining steps are as clearly mentioned in my previous post.

Mark helpful or correct if it gave you the idea and process flow.

Regards,
                  Veeresh Rayan

Edited by: Veeresh Rayan on Apr 15, 2013 8:48 AM