2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2013 8:53 PM by Stuart Fleming RSS

Bug in wls1036_generic.jar Cannot uncheck "registier for Security Update"

Stuart Fleming
      Hello,
      I downloaded the wls1036_generic.jar from the Oracle Service Bus site. I got the gui running, and got to the part where it asks if you what security updates. I am just testing, so I usually uncheck it. It gives the usual verbiage, but when I click no (I do not want security updates), the checkbox is still checked. Cannot proceed!

Also, what gives? The generic downloaded from the SERVICE BUS page does not contain OEPE??????

Stuart

Edited by: Stuart Fleming on Apr 14, 2013 3:28 AM
        • 1. Re: Bug in wls1036_generic.jar Cannot uncheck "registier for Security Update"
          Scott_Symonds
          Hi Stuart,

Regarding the issue with the wls1036_generic.jar, I have seen this occur with the wls1034_generic.jar, wls1035_generic.jar and wls1036_generic.jar. Fortunately, this is easy to work around. I assume you are referring to the page in the WebLogic installer where it asks for an MOS (My Oracle Support) username. If this is the case and you do not wish to receive the security updates from MOS, all you need to do is try to uncheck the box (the warning window will appear which you can click Yes). Although the check box shows that it is checked, it acts like it is unchecked. If you click on Next, two warning windows will appear asking the same thing as the first window. Click Yes on those. You may then receive a "Connection failed" window where it tries to connect to a proxy. In this window, place a check mark next to "I wish to remain uninformed..." and click Continue. The rest of the installer should continue as normal.

Thanks,
          Scott (PITSS)
          http://pitss.com/us
          • 2. Re: Bug in wls1036_generic.jar Cannot uncheck "registier for Security Update"
            Stuart Fleming
            Scott,
            I ended up not installing it -- wouldn't you know but the generic doesn't come with OSB, which is interesting since that the webpage where I was downloading it from!

It would not let me past the checkbox.

Thank you for the reply,
            Stuart