This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2013 9:54 PM by 987119 RSS

EAR deployment failed on linux, but success on windows

987119 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Based on title, I have 2 condition with same setting except the OS.

1. Linux
2. Windows 7 Enterprise (My Laptop)

I create a localhost server on my Laptop and make domain, point the datasource to local network DB, let says DB A.
with the condition, of course I can started my localhost server and make a publish successfully.

BUT, I have new PC with Linux inside and try to deploy my EAR from my localhost to the PC, and got failed.

I'm really really curious, WHY on my localhost (my laptop) deployment got no error, but on the linux PC, always failed all the time.

Seems I can't find the attach feature.. so I upload my logs file and few screenshot.

[http://www.mediafire.com/?x66k2020p5d6ezn]

Need your expertise to solve my problem, or for faster communication can mail me to : <email address removed by moderator so that you won't spammed for all Eternity >
if you guys from Indonesia it's more appriciated which mean we're closer to talk each other. :)

Many thanks.

Edited by: user12268421 on Apr 15, 2013 3:14 AM

Edited by: user12268421 on Apr 15, 2013 3:15 AM
  • 1. Re: EAR deployment failed on linux, but success on windows
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    +... post now moved from the Oracle Linux forum to a forum related to Java EE...+
  • 2. Re: EAR deployment failed on linux, but success on windows
    gimbal2 Guru
    The reason should be simple: the two machines are not the same. A difference in network setup may already cause a failed deployment because the connection to the database may not work. Or you have some bad data in there that assumes a Windows file system. Or your user rights are not correct and the application is not allowed to read/write a file or directory, or etc. etc. etc.

You have access to your machine, you have to figure it out. The only thing I can offer you is: make sure you keep the attitude that you fudged something up - you did it, do not try to blame technology because then you'll be stuck. Good luck.
  • 3. Re: EAR deployment failed on linux, but success on windows
    r035198x Pro
    I'm not form Indonesia but I will say that the log files probably contain a message that tells you exactly what the problem is. Read them or post the first few lines that indicate an exception here.
  • 4. Re: EAR deployment failed on linux, but success on windows
    987119 Newbie
    @r035198x
    Yeah.. I know... I also realized there's exception there..
    and I already said in my first post, that.... I can started my localhost (my laptop ) and publish the EAR successfully

so.. the problem is.. why I can't deploy the EAR from my laptop... on the new Linux server ??

@gimbal2
    Thanks for you advice.. the db is inside the linux server itself so no need to connect everywhere.
    Also, I always try to figure it out by googling, or repeat my step carefully, read any documentation, so maybe I try to find my answer here.

Thanks

Edited by: user12268421 on Apr 15, 2013 11:28 PM
  • 5. Re: EAR deployment failed on linux, but success on windows
    r035198x Pro
    user12268421 wrote:
    @r035198x
    and I already said in my first post, that.... I can started my localhost (my laptop ) and publish the EAR successfully

so.. the problem is.. why I can't deploy the EAR from my laptop... on the new Linux server ??
    What is the exception on that new Linux server? That is where the answer is.
  • 6. Re: EAR deployment failed on linux, but success on windows
    987119 Newbie
    r035198x wrote:
    user12268421 wrote:
    @r035198x

What is the exception on that new Linux server? That is where the answer is.
    hmm... sorry my friend.. I still dont get it what you mean..
    I already know the exception.. but I wonder... why in my laptop it's deployed successfully without any exception..
    because it's a same deployment process and the same EAR file.
  • 7. Re: EAR deployment failed on linux, but success on windows
    r035198x Pro
    If you tell us what the exception is then we might be able to help you find out why it's happening on Linux only and not on windows.
  • 8. Re: EAR deployment failed on linux, but success on windows
    987119 Newbie
    r035198x wrote:
    If you tell us what the exception is then we might be able to help you find out why it's happening on Linux only and not on windows.
    actually the log quite long to post it here.. so I upload it to other server, you can find the log on my first post.

thanks.
  • 9. Re: EAR deployment failed on linux, but success on windows
    gimbal2 Guru
    user12268421 wrote:
    r035198x wrote:
    actually the log quite long to post it here.. so I upload it to other server, you can find the log on my first post.
    One word: corporate firewall. Okay, two words.

You don't need to post the entire thing, just the part that is important which tends to be the last part of the stacktrace (the root cause). And put it between \
     tags.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
  • 10. Re: EAR deployment failed on linux, but success on windows
    987119 Newbie
    gimbal2 wrote:
    user12268421 wrote:
    r035198x wrote:
    One word: corporate firewall. Okay, two words.

You don't need to post the entire thing, just the part that is important which tends to be the last part of the stacktrace (the root cause). And put it between \
     tags.
    ok.. here's the error log :

one step before root cause :
    Caused by: java.lang.Throwable: Substituted for missing class org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException - Error creating bean with name 'com.tm.portal.businesslogic.OrderCaptureServiceImpl#4c1eba29' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/context/ExternalSystems.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'orderDao' while setting bean property 'orderDao'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'orderDao' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/context/DaoContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sqlMapClient' while setting bean property 'sqlMapClient'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sqlMapClient' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/context/DaoContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.ibatis.common.xml.NodeletParser.parse(Ljava/io/InputStream;)V
    Caused by: java.lang.Throwable: Substituted for missing class org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException - Error creating bean with name 'orderDao' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/context/DaoContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sqlMapClient' while setting bean property 'sqlMapClient'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sqlMapClient' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/context/DaoContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.ibatis.common.xml.NodeletParser.parse(Ljava/io/InputStream;)V
    Caused by: java.lang.Throwable: Substituted for missing class org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException - Error creating bean with name 'sqlMapClient' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/context/DaoContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.ibatis.common.xml.NodeletParser.parse(Ljava/io/InputStream;)V
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.ibatis.common.xml.NodeletParser.parse(Ljava/io/InputStream;)V
         at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.builder.xml.SqlMapConfigParser.parse(SqlMapConfigParser.java:62)
    root cause :
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.ibatis.common.xml.NodeletParser.parse(Ljava/io/InputStream;)V
         at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.builder.xml.SqlMapConfigParser.parse(SqlMapConfigParser.java:62)
         at com.ibatis.sqlmap.client.SqlMapClientBuilder.buildSqlMapClient(SqlMapClientBuilder.java:90)
         at org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClientFactoryBean.buildSqlMapClient(SqlMapClientFactoryBean.java:326) 
    Please inform me if you want additional information.
    Many thanks guys

and one more... firewall already stop by using this command :
    "service iptables stop"

Edited by: user12268421 on Apr 16, 2013 2:42 AM
  • 11. Re: EAR deployment failed on linux, but success on windows
    r035198x Pro
    Nosunchmethod error points to a different version of that jar in your linux server than you have in your windows server. If it's the exact same ear file you are deploying (as opposed to building it before deploy on each server) then the difference lies in the environment where the application is deployed.

P.S don't stop your firewall, that was in reference to us not being able to access your log files
  • 12. Re: EAR deployment failed on linux, but success on windows
    987119 Newbie
    r035198x wrote:
    Nosunchmethod error points to a different version of that jar in your linux server than you have in your windows server. If it's the exact same ear file you are deploying (as opposed to building it before deploy on each server) then the difference lies in the environment where the application is deployed.

P.S don't stop your firewall, that was in reference to us not being able to access your log files
    I agree with you..
    so you mean, the problem is with my linux OS ?

my linux using CentOS 5.9, however the display on the weblogic console is : OS Version : 2.6.18-348.el5
    other side, I have windows with win7 enterprise, that show like : OS Version : 6.1

however, my company already have server with OS : HP-UX inside, version : B.11.23 ( the EAR also successfully deployed here )
  • 13. Re: EAR deployment failed on linux, but success on windows
    r035198x Pro
    Not your OS, the appserver you are using. You are using weblogic? Check that you have the same versions and that they contain the same version of the ibatis jar.
  • 14. Re: EAR deployment failed on linux, but success on windows
    987119 Newbie
    r035198x wrote:
    Not your OS, the appserver you are using. You are using weblogic? Check that you have the same versions and that they contain the same version of the ibatis jar.
    Yups.. exact same version : WebLogic Server Version: 10.3.0.0

I believe ibatis.jar is already inside the EAR file during export procedure. ibatis-2.3.4.726.jar

so I cannot match the version.

Edited by: user12268421 on Apr 16, 2013 3:39 AM
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points