4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2013 8:01 AM by 975525 RSS

Translated application and calendar BUG?

Hello there,

APEX 4.2.1.008

I have an application, Application Primary Language = "French (Canada) (fr-ca)", Application Language Derived From = "Session".

I have a translated application, mapping Language = "English (Canada) (en-ca)"

When I execute a page with a calendar in the french application everything works fine, but in english previous, Next or Today buttons doesn't refresh the calendar.

I was able to reproduce it in the Sample Database Application on apex.oracle.com :

User : demo
      Pwd : demo

French = OK :

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=72351:10:&p_lang=fr-ca

English = :( :

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=72351:10:&p_lang=en-ca

Thanks for your help,
      Lucien
        • 1. Re: Translated application and calendar BUG?
          SathishJS
          Hi,

I tried reproducing the issue in apex.oracle.com with the language derived from session and also changing the language to 'en-ca' and unable to reproduce the issue all the buttons work fine.

i would like to know did you customize buttons or made additional changes to the Calendar Page ?

Also what steps did you follow to translate the Sample Application which was English to "Canadian French" or if you can provide developer credentials or export of the Application will be very helpful.

thanks
          Sathish

Edited by: Sathish J S on Apr 15, 2013 3:20 AM
          • 2. Re: Translated application and calendar BUG?
            I Sathish,

The steps on the apex.oracle.com sample application (If I remenber correctly, was on a rush) :

1) Set Application Primary Language = "French (Canada) (fr-ca)", Application Language Derived From = "Session".

2) Create a mapping , mapping Language = "English (Canada) (en-ca)"

3) Seed

4) Manually Edit Translation Repository (There is only one item translated, the "Aujourd'hui" button)

5) Publish translated Application

The demo user is a developer, worspace = 2TRYAPEX42.

Thanks for your help.

Lucien
            • 3. Re: Translated application and calendar BUG?
              SathishJS
              Thanks you so much for the information and i am able to debug the issue. I had filed a bug for this issue and will be fixed in the future release of the Product.

thanks again
              Sathish
              • 4. Re: Translated application and calendar BUG?
                Thank you Sathish.