This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2013 7:06 AM by A Tael RSS

Getting error trying to install Midlet

A Tael Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,
I am trying to install a Midlet on my Raspberry Pi (ME 3.3) by doing the following:
pi@raspberrypi ~/java_me_3.3/bin $ ./installMidlet.sh /home/pi/apps/TMP36rpi.jar
configdb_load_to_db error: Unable to open file, trying to recover from the temporal one
configdb_load_to_db error: temporal settings file is unavailable
ERROR: Unable to read configuration file(s).  Check that ini file(s) exists in your application directory.
javacall_initialize_configurations_from_file failed
pi@raspberrypi ~/java_me_3.3/bin $
In the directory /home/pi/apps I have the following files:
pi@raspberrypi ~/java_me_3.3/bin $ ls /home/pi/apps
TMP36rpi.jad  TMP36rpi.jar
It doesn't work and I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks
Andy
  • 1. Re: Getting error trying to install Midlet
    andrey_p Explorer
    Please check that you have the jwc_properties.ini file in your binary directory (~/java_me_3.3/bin) and please verify that you are running under the user which has proper permissions to write into this file. E.g. typical problem that if you once ran JMEE under super-user it will change the owner of the file to root. So in order to run JMEE again under normal user it's needed to either change the owner back or to chmod to something like 777. The same problem also relevant to AMS (application management part of JMEE) data base, residing in appdb (~/java_me_3.3/appdb) folder. So please watch out when running under different users.
    Please reply if you got manage to resolve the problem

Edited by: andrey_p on Apr 13, 2013 2:48 AM
  • 2. Re: Getting error trying to install Midlet
    A Tael Journeyer
    Hi,
    I changed the permissions on the jwc_properties.ini and I get a different error.
    pi@raspberrypi ~/java_me_3.3/bin $./installMidlet.sh /home/pi/apps/TMP36rpi.jar

argv[1] = runMidlet
    argv[2] = -1
    argv[3] = com.sun.midp.scriptutil.CommandLineInstaller
    argv[4] = I
    argv[5] = /home/pi/apps/TMP36rpi.jar
    Command line parameters are passed.
    javacall_event_initialize: events system initialized
    Events system initialized.
    Time system initialized.
    JavaTask thread initialized.
    Starting JavaTask
    Error installing the suite: null
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
     - javax.microedition.io.Connector.getProtocolInstance(), bci=28
     - javax.microedition.io.Connector.open(), bci=24
     - javax.microedition.io.Connector.open(), bci=3
     - com.sun.midp.installer.FileResourceDownloader.downloadResource(), bci=57
     - com.sun.midp.installer.ResourceDownloaderBase.downloadToFile(), bci=29
     - com.sun.midp.installer.ResourceProvisioning.downloadJar(), bci=59
     - com.sun.midp.installer.Installer.installStep7(), bci=11
     - com.sun.midp.installer.Installer.performInstall(), bci=167
     - com.sun.midp.installer.Installer.installJar(), bci=140
     - com.sun.midp.scriptutil.CommandLineInstaller.run(), bci=342
     - java.lang.Thread.run(), bci=5
    Finishing JavaTask
  • 3. Re: Getting error trying to install Midlet
    andrey_p Explorer
    Hi Andy,

Apparently there is a problem of finding out the correct protocol for the URL you've specified. As work around may I suggest you to specify the protocol manually, i.e.:

./installMidlet.sh file:////home/pi/apps/TMP36rpi.jar

BTW, the protocols supported are: file:// and http://

Regards,
    Andrey
  • 4. Re: Getting error trying to install Midlet
    A Tael Journeyer
    Andrey,
    still no luck:
    pi@raspberrypi ~/java_me_3.3/bin $ chmod 666 jwc_properties.ini
    pi@raspberrypi ~/java_me_3.3/bin $ ./installMidlet.sh file:///home/pi/apps/TMP36rpi.jar
    argv[1] = runMidlet
    argv[2] = -1
    argv[4] = I
    argv[5] = file:///home/pi/apps/TMP36rpi.jar
    Time system initialized.
    Starting JavaTask
    * rootfs -> /
    * /dev/root -> /
    * devtmpfs -> /dev
    * tmpfs -> /run
    * tmpfs -> /run/lock
    * proc -> /proc
    * sysfs -> /sys
    * tmpfs -> /run/shm
    * devpts -> /dev/pts
    * /dev/mmcblk0p1 -> /boot
    Error installing the suite: null
    java.io.IOException
     - com.sun.io.j2me.file.Protocol.connect(), bci=18
     - com.sun.io.j2me.file.Protocol.openPrimImpl(), bci=341
     - com.sun.io.j2me.file.Protocol.openPrim(), bci=5
     - javax.microedition.io.Connector.open(), bci=47
     - javax.microedition.io.Connector.open(), bci=3
     - com.sun.midp.installer.FileResourceDownloader.downloadResource(), bci=57
     - com.sun.midp.installer.ResourceDownloaderBase.downloadToFile(), bci=29
     - com.sun.midp.installer.ResourceProvisioning.downloadJar(), bci=59
     - com.sun.midp.installer.Installer.installStep7(), bci=11
     - com.sun.midp.installer.Installer.performInstall(), bci=167
     - com.sun.midp.installer.Installer.installJar(), bci=140
     - com.sun.midp.scriptutil.CommandLineInstaller.run(), bci=342
     - java.lang.Thread.run(), bci=5
    Finishing JavaTask
    However if I run the AMS CLI (via port 65002) it works using the file:// protocol. CAn it be some kind of permission problem?

--Andy                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 5. Re: Getting error trying to install Midlet
    andrey_p Explorer
    Hi! There have to be 4 '/' symbols after file:
    Regards,
    Andrey
  • 6. Re: Getting error trying to install Midlet
    A Tael Journeyer
    hello,
    now it works:
    pi@raspberrypi ~/java_me_3.3/bin $ sudo ./installMidlet.sh file:////home/pi/apps/TMP36rpi.jar
    argv[1] = runMidlet
    argv[2] = -1
    argv[4] = I
    argv[5] = file:////home/pi/apps/TMP36rpi.jar
    Time system initialized.
    Starting JavaTask
    The suite was successfully installed, ID: 2
    Finishing JavaTask
    Thanks a lot for yor help
    --Andy                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points