1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 17, 2013 9:33 AM by riedelme RSS

ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB

For the query given below,
      select distinct busn_entty_id,wm_concat(lob_id) from busn_entty_x_lob group by busn_entty_id;

I get the error message - "ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB
      00932. 00000 - "inconsistent datatypes: expected %s got %s"
      *Cause:
      *Action:
      Error at Line: 9 Column: 30"

I think the reason might be the usage of wm_concat(). What is the reason of fetching the results in CLOB format when a string is expected? Does the problem have anything to do with the use of distinct here(distinct and group by being exclusive)?
        • 1. Re: ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB
          riedelme
          js2703 wrote:
          For the query given below,
          select distinct busn_entty_id,wm_concat(lob_id) from busn_entty_x_lob group by busn_entty_id;

I get the error message - "ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB
          00932. 00000 - "inconsistent datatypes: expected %s got %s"
          *Cause:
          *Action:
          Error at Line: 9 Column: 30"

I think the reason might be the usage of wm_concat(). What is the reason of fetching the results in CLOB format when a string is expected? Does the problem have anything to do with the use of distinct here(distinct and group by being exclusive)?
          Welcome to OTN!

This forum is titled SQL Developer *(Not for general SQL/PL/SQL questions)*. Your question is really a SQL question and you will get a better answer in the SQL forum SQL and PL/SQL