13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2013 2:46 AM by 4e6db362-839a-498c-b90e-7ac6fa25d1a6 RSS

How can I commit my local m/c code to staging?

Hi
      How can we commit local m/c code to staging? Do we have to publish code from local m/c to staging environment? or is there some different procedure?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: How can I commit my local m/c code to staging?
          Rodney-Oracle
          You can publish your code and content from one sites instance to another site instance, or if there is no network connection between the instances, you can use CSDT to export and after import your code.
          To read more about RealTime publishing check: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E29495_01/doc.1111/webcenter_sites_11gr1_bp1_admin.pdf
          To read more about CSDT check: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E29495_01/doc.1111/webcenter_sites_11gr1_bp1_developer_tools.pdf

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
          Rodney
          • 2. Re: How can I commit my local m/c code to staging?
            Hi,
            I used Real Time publishing.But its not working.Below is the error i am getting on console.

2013-04-16 14:47:02,621 INFO [com.fatwire.logging.cs.xcelerate.publish] - <Starting RealTime publish session 1336168707382>
            2013-04-16 14:47:31,640 ERROR [com.fatwire.logging.cs.xcelerate] - <[pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/Actions/PublishConsolePost] Error: com.openmarket.xcelerate.commands.PubTargetManagerDispatcher: CanEdit: com.openmarket.basic.interfaces.AssetException: Publish to target with id 1336168706386 is running.>
            2013-04-16 14:47:53,897 INFO [org.jasig.cas.services.DefaultServicesManagerImpl] - <Reloading registered services.>
            2013-04-16 14:47:53,897 INFO [org.jasig.cas.services.DefaultServicesManagerImpl] - <Loaded 0 services.>
            2013-04-16 14:48:09,152 ERROR [com.fatwire.logging.cs.xcelerate] - <[pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/Actions/PublishConsolePost] Error: com.openmarket.xcelerate.commands.PubTargetManagerDispatcher: CanEdit: com.openmarket.basic.interfaces.AssetException: Publish to target with id 1336168706386 is running.>
            2013-04-16 14:48:59,442 INFO [com.fatwire.logging.cs.xcelerate.publish] - <Completed RealTime publish session 1336168707382>
            2013-04-16 14:48:59,442 INFO [com.fatwire.logging.cs.xcelerate.publish] - <FAILED RealTime publish session 1336168707382>
            2013-04-16 14:48:59,443 INFO [com.fatwire.logging.cs.xml] - <Publish failed for approved assets (error number: -508).>
            2013-04-16 14:49:00,644 ERROR [com.fatwire.logging.cs] - <Message exception sending mail Sending failed;
            nested exception is:
            javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 1125;
            nested exception is:
            java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect>
            2013-04-16 14:49:00,645 INFO [com.fatwire.logging.cs] - <Pub session(Id:1336168707382)failed for target 1336168706386.There was an error while sending mail.Error no: 0[OpenMarket/Xcelerate/Actions/BatchPublish#OpenMarket/Xcelerate/Actions/BatchPublish]>
            2013-04-16 14:49:53,903 INFO [org.jasig.cas.services.DefaultServicesManagerImpl] - <Reloading registered services.>
            2013-04-16 14:49:53,904 INFO [org.jasig.cas.services.DefaultServicesManagerImpl] - <Loaded 0 services.>

Please advise.

Thanks
            • 3. Re: How can I commit my local m/c code to staging?
              User570023-OC
              When you create the publishing destination (staging) make sure you use user fwadmin to connect and also make sure that you have green light on destination.
              • 4. Re: How can I commit my local m/c code to staging?
                JoeScanlon
                You need to fix your mail setup as well - it looks as if you have Sites set to send email on failed publish but your email configuration is not correct and is denying. Email settings are in the futuretense.ini property file (in your app home directory ).

During a publish failure the email contains the publish log which is very helpful in debugging. You can also get the log from the publish console itself - go into the history tab click on your failed publish and download logs
                • 5. Re: How can I commit my local m/c code to staging?
                  Hi
                  My destination WCM is configured with different username than fwadmin. So while publishing when i am using that username/pwd, it is displaying green light to it.
                  but now when i go to my site and do the mirror publishing for "Asset Types, Start Menu Items, tree tabs and roles", i am getting the below given error on my screen.

Mirrored Publication and PublicationTree
                  Mirrored Site Plan
                  Selected Asset Types successfully mirrored.
                  *Error publishing Association items, -12044, [pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/Admin/MirrorSitePost] Error: com.openmarket.xcelerate.commands.AssocNamedManagerDispatcher: Publish: com.openmarket.basic.interfaces.AssetException: Remote object save didn't fire [error was -611]*
                  *11 Category entries added to mirror queue.*
                  *Error publishing Start Menu items, -12044, [pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/Admin/MirrorSitePost] Error: com.openmarket.xcelerate.commands.StartMenuDispatcher: Publish: com.openmarket.basic.interfaces.AssetException: Remote object save didn't fire [error was -611]*
                  *Error publishing Tree Tabs, -12044, [pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/Admin/MirrorSitePost] Error: com.openmarket.xcelerate.commands.TreeTabManagerDispatcher: Publish: com.openmarket.basic.interfaces.AssetException: Remote object save didn't fire [error was -611].*
                  Error: during mirror operation. Error number = -12011.

I want all my assets , start menu items..etc .to get published on my staging m/c, so that anyone can also work on it.
                  Please suggest how should i move further.

Thanks
                  • 6. Re: How can I commit my local m/c code to staging?
                    Rodney-Oracle
                    Hi,
                    Could you confirm, did you use the option mirror site configuration? The error no -12044 indicates a Publish setup failure. Could you check if those startmenu's and tree tabs already exists on the target system and could you check the ACL's for the user that you use to mirror?

- Rodney
                    • 7. Re: How can I commit my local m/c code to staging?
                      Hi,
                      Nothing is there on target system.
                      I have created 1 dummy site, with assets, strat menus, templates , cs element, css etc. Now I want this site to be on staging system form my local m/c , so that others can work on it.
                      So for this form Admin interface (local m/c) i tried to publish the site. From Admin interface i went selected my site and did "Mirror" for the assets which i have.
                      And it gave this error.
                      Please advise, is there any other way to migrate the site from my local m/c to staging m/c?

Thanks
                      • 8. Re: How can I commit my local m/c code to staging?
                        Rodney-Oracle
                        Hi,
                        This is the recommended method. What I can suggest not sure whether you have followed this guide, to go through the steps you've taken and cross check it with the guide. There might be something that you've missed.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E29495_01/doc.1111/webcenter_sites_11gr1_bp1_admin.pdf

On page 314 - Migrating a Site from One System to Another.

Cheers,
                        Rodney
                        • 9. Re: How can I commit my local m/c code to staging?
                          User575543

Hi,

Were you able to successfully complete this ? I'm facing a similar error.

[2013-08-22 14:00:50,889 CEST] [ERROR] [.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [logging.cs.xcelerate.publish] 1377008873282 columns=[description, deftable, qryname, url]

row=1[{description=Select summary info for an Template}{deftable=Template,AssetPublication}{qryname=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/AssetType/Template/SelectSummary}{url=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/AssetType/Template/SelectSummary.sql}]

row=2[{description=}{deftable=vgimage,AssetPublication}{qryname=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/AssetType/vgimage/SelectSummary}{url=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/AssetType/vgimage/SelectSummary.sql}]

[2013-08-22 14:00:50,889 CEST] [INFO ] [.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [com.fatwire.logging.cs] AssetType.mirrorAssetTypes - No response from remote execute trying to save assettype [error was -602][OpenMarket/Xcelerate/Admin/Publish/TargetSitePost#OpenMarket/Xcelerate/Admin/Publish/TargetSitePost]

[2013-08-22 14:00:50,889 CEST] [ERROR] [.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [logging.cs.xcelerate.publish] AssetType.mirrorAssetTypes - No response from remote execute trying to save assettype [error was -602]

[2013-08-22 14:00:50,929 CEST] [ERROR] [.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [logging.cs.xcelerate.publish] Error in AssetType.mirrorAssetTypes

com.openmarket.basic.interfaces.AssetException: No response from remote execute trying to save assettype [error was -602]

Let me know what could be going wrong here.

Steps done:

Source - Sample Site, User, Template, Image has been created for MIRROR (RealTime)

Target - No publish happened. No user was created prior to publish.

-Sukumar

• 10. Re: How can I commit my local m/c code to staging?
                            Rajendar Pilli

Hi Friend,

Real Time publishing is sufficient to move site from one instance to another. I moved my site using this method.

in response to

-------------------

*Error publishing Start Menu items, -12044, [pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/Admin/MirrorSitePost] Error: com.openmarket.xcelerate.commands.StartMenuDispatcher: Publish: com.openmarket.basic.interfaces.AssetException: Remote object save didn't fire [error was -611]*

*Error publishing Tree Tabs, -12044, [pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/Admin/MirrorSitePost] Error: com.openmarket.xcelerate.commands.TreeTabManagerDispatcher: Publish: com.openmarket.basic.interfaces.AssetException: Remote object save didn't fire [error was -611].*

------------------------

some of Tree tabs and Startmenu items are common for all the site so they do exists in delivery system also.

solution: Enable them for your site in Delivery system.

Steps:

1)http://localhost:7001/cs/ContentServer?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/UIFramework/LoginPage

2) Login to delivery system with credentials

3) Select "Administrative Tools".

4) there you'll find TreeTabs and Startmenu Items.

5) list all, select one and edit , and enable that for your Site.

6)then u'll seen Tree tabs and Startment items for your Site.

this may help you,Please let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Rajendar Pilli.

• 11. Re: How can I commit my local m/c code to staging?
                              User575543

Thanks for your reply. But when I logon to Delivery and do a "List all Tree Tabs" and "List all Start Menu items", I get an EMPTY list with buttons for ADD so I couldn't perform Steps 5 and 6.

Though I didn't get a SUCCESS from the Contribution System, after some time I'm able to see the "List of Sites" in DELIVERY. Don't understand the reason behind it. Also bit confused whether the MIRROR was COMPLETE or not. In either case PUBLISH also fails so unable to validate.

I've initiated MIRROR only ONCE but the logs contain the below ERROR

<!--FTCS|||result=failure|||reason=Mirroring operation already in progress.|||err=-602|||command=mirrorrows|||params=|||-->

[OpenMarket/Xcelerate/Admin/Publish/TargetSitePost#OpenMarket/Xcelerate/Admin/Publish/TargetSitePost]

[2013-08-23 15:45:07,795 CEST] [ERROR] [.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [logging.cs.xcelerate.publish] sendRows: Mirror failed, errno=-602Mirroring operation already in progress.

Error number = -12011 [error was -602]

Let me know if something is missed.

• 12. Re: How can I commit my local m/c code to staging?
                                Rajendar Pilli

Publishing is a step by step process.

in high level i can Say in 4 steges:

stege1:  you will make your Delivery System Ready.

stege2: You'll move Site Configuration Data to the Destination Database(this time what are all the Tables(assettypes) are in your source system will be created in Delivery system). Site level Information

stege3:You'll approve list of asset to be moved to Delivery system.

stege4:You'll publish(move) the List of assets which you approved in previous step.

In your case you got stopped  in stege 2 i thinks(reason as i know Some of the table have already been created in you delivery system, when you try to do the same step again , it is giving error)

And,

Though you  didn't get a SUCCESS from the Contribution System, You can see list of sites in your delivery system, why because(as you are in stege2) some of the table are already moved. So you can able to see some sites in your delivery system even though your publishing process failed.

Delete the Site completely in Delivery System which is partially published.

Then check with the  bellow steps:

step 1: Create the Batch User Account (If One Does Not Exist):

A batch user account is required before any type of publishing can take place. We can use fwadmin user account for publishing. If we want another separate user follow this step:

1. Log in to the administrator’s interface on your source system.
                                2. In the Admin tab, expand Management Tools and double-click User.
                                3. Assign following ACL’s for the above created User:
                                  • Browser
                                  • ElementEditor
                                  • PageEditor
                                  • TableEditor
                                  • UserReader
                                  • Visitor (if your installation includes Oracle WebCenter Sites: Engage)
                                  • VisitorAdmin (if your installation includes Oracle WebCenter Sites: Engage)
                                  • -xceladmin
                                  • xceleditor

Step 2: Create the RealTime user on the destination system:

For publishing we can use fwadmin user account in destination system. It is always advisable to create a specific user for destination system by following the below steps:

1. In delivery system Log in to the administrator’s interface on your source system.
                                2. In the Admin tab, expand Management Tools and double-click User.  
                                3. Provide the basic privileges for the above created User by assigning following ACL’s
                                  • Browser
                                  • ElementEditor
                                  • PageEditor
                                  • TableEditor
                                  • Visitor
                                  • VisitorAdmin
                                  • xceladmin
                                  • xceleditor

Step 3: If a Proxy Server Exists, Identify it to the Source System

To identify the local proxy server to the source system for all destinations

1. Open futuretense.ini in the Property Editor on the source system, select the Export/Mirror tab, and specify values for the following properties:

cs.mirrorproxyserver

Set this property to either the name or the IP address of the local proxy server.

cs.mirrorproxyserverport

Set this property to the port number of the local proxy server.

2. Save the property file and close the Property Editor.

3. Restart the application server.

To identify the local proxy server to the source system per destination

1. In the Admin interface, select the Admin tab. Expand Publishing, then expand Destinations, and open the destination.

The destination opens in the main screen.

2. Click Edit.

The “Edit Destination” screen for the destination displays.

3. In the More Arguments field, enter

PROXYSERVER=wcs.example.com&PROXYPORT=8080

Where wcs.example.com is the local proxy server, and 8080 is the port the proxy is

running on.

4. Click Save.

If no proxy server exists then this step is optional and not needed.

Step 4: Identify the Mirror User to the Source System:

Identify the name and password of the mirror user on the destination system to the source system by setting property values in the futuretense.ini file on the source system.

1. Start the Property Editor and open the futuretense.ini file on the source Sites system.

2. In the Export/Mirror tab specify values for the following properties:

cs.mirroruser= above created user of destination system

cs.mirrorpassword=password of above user

3. Save the property file.

Step 5: Create a RealTime Destination Definition on the Source System

To create a RealTime destination definition

1. On the source system, log in to the administrator’s interface.

2. In the Admin tab, expand Publishing, then Destinations.

3. Under Destinations, double-click Add New.

4.fill the details.then " add new Destination"

Step 6: Initialize the Destination Database:

You must initialize the destination database before you can publish to it.

To initialize the destination database follow the below steps

1. In the Admin tab on the source system, expand Publishing, then Destinations.

2. Under Destinations, double-click the RealTime destination you want to initialize.

3. In the “Publish Destination” form, click Initialize RealTime Destination.

The “Initialize RealTime Destination” screen appears:

4.click on  "Initialize RealTime Destination" only once.

Step 7: Mirror the Site Configuration Data to the Destination Database

In this step, we will mirror the source’s site configuration data (such as asset types and start menu items) to the destination database.

To mirror the site configuration data follow the below steps:

1. In the Admin tab on the source system, expand Sites and double-click the site whose data you want to publish to the destination.

2. In “Publish Destinations” (near the bottom of the screen), click Mirror site

configuration for destination

Step 8: Approve Assets(Bulk approval)

We can approve single asset or multiple assets for publishing. For approving group of assets follow below steps:

1. In the Admin tab, expand Publishing, then expand Destinations, and then expand the destination that you want to approve assets for.

2. Under that destination, double-click the Approve Multiple Assets option.

The “Approve Assets” form appears:

3. select the list of assets you want approve for publishing.

Step 9:Publish the Assets

To run a test publishing session on the approved assets

1. On the source system, Select the "Admin" app , then click "Publishing" in the button bar.

2. In the Publish Console, select your RealTime destination from the drop-down list and

click Select Destination.

3. WebCenter Sites displays information about the assets that are ready to be published

to this destination.

4. Click Publish.

After this log in to Delivery system, assign user to Site and give the ACLs and Roles.

Refresh it.

You can find your Site in Destination.

Please let me know if you have any issue.

Thanks,

Rajendar Pilli.

• 13. Re: How can I commit my local m/c code to staging?
                                  4e6db362-839a-498c-b90e-7ac6fa25d1a6

hi,

I am doing real time publishing. when i try to publish flex assets i am getting the following error and the publishing fails.

[ERROR]  [Unpacker] EXCEPTION: Asset save failed for VF_Tag_A:1381336283025,1381336279318,1381336283019,1381336283041,1381336279817,1381336283013,1381336279794,1381336283031,1381336278697,1381336279337,1381336279874,    Error saving an asset Asset.SaveAll :  Error: error invoking method SaveAllNoPubLock in Asset.callSaveAllNoPubLock() pagename:nulljava.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.openmarket.xcelerate.asset.Asset.callSaveAllNoPubLock(Asset.java:4763)

at com.openmarket.xcelerate.asset.Asset.SaveAll_logic(Asset.java:4992)

at com.openmarket.xcelerate.asset.Asset$4.execute(Asset.java:4917)

at com.fatwire.cs.core.db.NestedTransactionBlock.execute(NestedTransactionBlock.java:189)

at com.openmarket.xcelerate.asset.Asset.SaveAll_trans(Asset.java:4940)

at com.openmarket.xcelerate.asset.Asset.SaveAll(Asset.java:4894)

at com.fatwire.realtime.util.ResourceSaveUtil2._saveOneAssetType(ResourceSaveUtil2.java:396)

at com.fatwire.realtime.util.ResourceSaveUtil2._saveAssets(ResourceSaveUtil2.java:557)

at com.fatwire.realtime.util.ResourceSaveUtil2._saveGroupTrans(ResourceSaveUtil2.java:181)

at com.fatwire.realtime.util.ResourceSaveUtil2$1.execute(ResourceSaveUtil2.java:74)

at com.fatwire.cs.core.db.NestedTransactionBlock.execute(NestedTransactionBlock.java:189)

at com.fatwire.realtime.util.ResourceSaveUtil2.saveGroup(ResourceSaveUtil2.java:84)

at com.fatwire.realtime.ResourceSaveTask._saveData(ResourceSaveTask.java:194)

at com.fatwire.realtime.ResourceSaveTask._execute(ResourceSaveTask.java:138)

at com.fatwire.realtime.ResourceSaveTask.execute(ResourceSaveTask.java:49)

at com.fatwire.realtime.BasicTask.call(BasicTask.java:44)

at com.fatwire.realtime.BasicTask.call(BasicTask.java:22)

a

2013-10-18 12:33:01.253 [ERROR]  [Unpacker] t java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.openmarket.gator.common.AttributeIndex.<init>(AttributeIndex.java:418)

at com.openmarket.gator.common.BaseFlexManager.setupReferences(BaseFlexManager.java:102)

at com.openmarket.gator.flexassets.FlexAssetManager.setupReferences(FlexAssetManager.java:88)

at com.openmarket.assetframework.assettypemanager.AssetTypeManager.locateAssetManager(AssetTypeManager.java:78)

at com.openmarket.gator.attributes.AttributeManager.CreateNewTables(AttributeManager.java:402)

at com.openmarket.gator.attributes.AttributeManager.createLocalData(AttributeManager.java:672)

at com.openmarket.assetframework.common.BulkTransactionalAssetManager.createLocalData(BulkTransactionalAssetManager.java:60)

at com.openmarket.assetframework.common.BulkTransactionalAssetManager.writeLocalData(BulkTransactionalAssetManager.java:89)

at com.openmarket.assetframework.common.BulkTransactionalAssetManager.saveAllNoPubLock(BulkTransactionalAssetManager.java:306)

at com.openmarket.assetframework.complexasset.ComplexAsset.SaveAllNoPubLock(ComplexAsset.java:2460)

... 26 more

com.fatwire.cs.core.realtime.DataException: Asset save failed for VF_Tag_A:1381336283025,1381336279318,1381336283019,1381336283041,1381336279817,1381336283013,1381336279794,1381336283031,1381336278697,1381336279337,1381336279874,    Error saving an asset Asset.SaveAll :  Error: error invoking method SaveAllNoPubLock in Asset.callSaveAllNoPubLock() pagename:nulljava.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:3

there were no table for this flex family before publishing. But after i try to publish tables are getting published in the DB with no data.

Could you please tell me what should be the reason?

Thanks,

Aneesha