2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2013 6:34 AM by Tridus RSS

Error while executing Oracle Spatial Query from c# using ODP.NET and UDT

Hello All,

I am trying to execute an inline spatial query from c# using ODP.NET. This is a select query and I am passing 2 parameters to this query, one is string and other one is SDO_GEOMETRY. I am able to send SDO_Geometry parameter from c# using Oracle UDT custom designed classes.

Query is working as intended but occasionally giving the following errors:

ORA-29902: error in executing ODCIIndexStart() routine
      ORA-13033: Invalid data in the SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY in SDO_GEOMETRY object
      ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.SDO_INDEX_METHOD_10I", line 333

ORA-29902: error in executing ODCIIndexStart() routine
      ORA-13031: Invalid Gtype in the SDO_GEOMETRY object for point object
      ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.SDO_INDEX_METHOD_10I", line 333

I could not figure out the cause of this issue (as it is not failing frequently). Am i getting this issue with the actual query or with Oracle UDT conversion. Could some one help me out?

Thanks

Edited by: 1000946 on Apr 18, 2013 8:34 AM
        • 1. Re: Error while executing Oracle Spatial Query from c# using ODP.NET and UDT
          Alex.Keh .Product.Manager-Oracle
          If the problem occurs intermittently, then it's important to figure out under what conditions does the problem occurs. What is unique about the times the error occurs, such as is it always the same query or same data that produces the error? Figuring out the commonalities is key.

My guess is that this problem may more likely linked to Oracle Spatial than ODP.NET. I'm not saying there is a bug in Oracle Spatial necessarily. There could be some application-specific data or design issue. It's just that this type of error is likely to be encountered more often within a generic Oracle Spatial app than an ODP.NET app. You may have more luck if you ask this question on the Oracle Spatial forum if you don't resolve the question on this forum.

Oracle Spatial Forum:
          Spatial
          • 2. Re: Error while executing Oracle Spatial Query from c# using ODP.NET and UDT
            Tridus
            I've seen that specific error before with a geometry that Oracle Spatial thinks is invalid. Does it fail reliably for a given query? If so, you'll need to look at both that specific query and the data in the table to figure out where the invalid data is.

If that query works sometimes but not other times with the same data in the table.. yeah, that's weird.