This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2013 5:50 AM by kMikkat_v7 RSS

Can't see the deployed BPM application in BPM Workspace

1003892 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Guys !
I've created a BPM application, deployed it succesfully ( the message was 'deployment finished' ) and now I want to launch it.
I can login in BPM workspace, but in my Inbox I don't see any active application.
I read about adding 'weblogic' to BPMWorkspaceAdmin role.
I don't have the BPMWorkspaceAdmin role.
I added 'weblogic' to BPMWorkflowAdmin.

What else to do ?

Many thanks,
Gabi
  • 1. Re: Can't see the deployed BPM application in BPM Workspace
    BillWallen Explorer
    Your Initiate Task has to have a UI associated with it.

Check your roles and make sure the username you are logging in with has access to that role. You will need to logout and back in for permissions to take effect.
  • 2. Re: Can't see the deployed BPM application in BPM Workspace
    728564 Newbie
    I hava the same problem,the user is assigned to the role.but can't see the process in application pane when log in .how to configure this?
  • 3. Re: Can't see the deployed BPM application in BPM Workspace
    1003892 Newbie
    Hi Bill !

Thank you for your answer, but can you help me more cause I'm new in SOA&BPM and and don't realy understant what does it mean 'Initiate Task has to have a UI associated'.
    I just can tell you that I have assigned a User to the Role - Weblogic.
    I can login into BPM Workspace with Weblogic, but it doesn't help much.
    Further details are much appreciated.

Reagrds,
    Gabriela
  • 4. Re: Can't see the deployed BPM application in BPM Workspace
    1003892 Newbie
    Hi Bill,

I came back to you as I fugured out what you meant by 'UI associated with task'.
    Yes, the first activity in the application is an interactive activity and it is implemented through a Himan task.
    I've create dthe Task Form for the Human Task associated with the activity.
    But, when i deploy the application, in the "task Flow Deployment' I don't see both the project for the BPM application and the project for the UI Task Form associate dwith the Human Task.
    I think this is the cause of problem .
    But I don't know what i did wrong !

Can you give me a hint about this ?

Best regards,
    Gabriela
  • 5. Re: Can't see the deployed BPM application in BPM Workspace
    kMikkat_v7 Newbie
    Hallo Gabi/user795060,

could you please specify which jDeveloper version, which Java version for jDeveloper and which BPM version you are using?

I'm facing the same problems with Oracle BPM Suite 11g R1 PS6 (11.1.1.7.0). jDeveloper 11.1.1.7.0 on JDK 1.6.0_24 (not the delivered one that comes with jDev distribution but a locally installed JDK, no blank in the source path), Oracle BPM 11.1.1.7.0 locally installed on my machine.
    For testing purpose, I built the well known HelloWorld example ("Building Your First Process with Oracle BPM 11g") in jDev 11.1.1.7.0 and deployed to the environment listed above.

Maybe it's a PS6 bug?
  • 6. Re: Can't see the deployed BPM application in BPM Workspace
    NilsBeosier Newbie
    Hi,

In order for the task to show up on the list of the user it needs to be an "Initiator" task, not just any type of task but an "Initiator" task.
    Then a UI needs to be associated to be displayed and the task needs to be in a swimlane which the user has been assigned to.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Nils
  • 7. Re: Can't see the deployed BPM application in BPM Workspace
    kMikkat_v7 Newbie
    Hi Nils,

as I said, I followed the HelloWorld example which worked fine under 11g R1 PS5 but which is now not working under 11g R1 PS6.

Regards,
    Knud
  • 8. Re: Can't see the deployed BPM application in BPM Workspace
    kMikkat_v7 Newbie
    Hello Gabi,

I just figured out the solution to my problem. Actually, that doesn't seem to be related to PS6. A collegue told me that something similar also was an issue in previous jDeveloper releases. The problem is that jDev is not able to save the new name if you renamed the default process role "Role" to something else, eg. "Requester". The solution is to add a new role and just delete the default process role called "Role".

To check this, go to the Organizsation preferences of your project in jDev (jDev > BPM Project Navigator > <YourProject> > Organization > Roles) and compare the process roles to the process roles of the deployed project in the BPM Workspace (in your browser, open <yourURL>:7001/bpm/workspace > Login as administrator (usually user "weblogic" + password "welcome1") > Administration on the upper right > Organization > Roles)

You might find the role "<YourProject>.Role" there which you thought have renamed in jDev earlier.

I hope this helps.
    Greetz
    Knud

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points