This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2013 2:47 AM by 1004136 RSS

Copy-Paste Issue in Forms 10g.

Vinit Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

We are not able to paste the text if length of copied text is more than the max number of characters that can be entered into that text item. But this is possible in Forms 6i, if you paste such text into text item, it paste number of characters supported by that text item.

E.g. If max length characters supported by a field is 15 characters. So if you copy "1234567890123456789" into clipboard and try to paste it Forms 10G, it doesn't paste anything whereas in Forms 6i, if you tried to paste this, it will paste "123456789012345" into title field.

We are running Forms 10.1.2.3 on IE 8. The version of JRE is 1.6.0_22.

Thanks

Vinit
  • 1. Re: Copy-Paste Issue in Forms 10g.
    Amatu Allah Guru
    Well, may be u r right...

Pls have a look here ....

may be it's a bug.

Regards,

Abdetu...
  • 2. Re: Copy-Paste Issue in Forms 10g.
    CraigB Guru
    We are running Forms 10.1.2.3 on IE 8. The version of JRE is 1.6.0_22.
    You may well be dealing with a bug. I recommend you check My Oracle Support (MOS) (your Forms version implies you have a support contract) and verify. If you find nothing in MOS, I suggest you upgrade your JRE to the latest version (1.6.0_24) - which is what Oracle Support will likely recommend. If upgrading the JRE doesn't fix the issue, then I would open a service request with Oracle.

Hope this helps,
    Craig B-)

If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly.
  • 3. Re: Copy-Paste Issue in Forms 10g.
    alex_w Newbie
    Hey,

I know, that this post is older than one year. But just now we are facing the same problem in Forms 10g and 11g. Has anybody found a solution or a workaround (maybe a java-bean or s.th. else) for solving this problem?
    In google and metalink I have made a search but I have found nothing helpful.

Thank you for any advice.

Alex
  • 4. Re: Copy-Paste Issue in Forms 10g.
    970529 Newbie
    Hello, i'm having the same problem, where i can't paste anything into any column. Juz wonder, have you manage to solve your problem?

Thanks,
    Sheena
  • 5. Re: Copy-Paste Issue in Forms 10g.
    alex_w Newbie
    You can`t paste anyting into a field? Have you signed your JAR-files?
    Up to now I haven't a solution for my problem.
  • 6. Re: Copy-Paste Issue in Forms 10g.
    1004136 Newbie
    Answer from Oracle support:

I believe you are hitting the issue described in:

Bug 8577339 : CANNOT COPY/PASTE ANY TEXT IF THE LENGTH EXCEEDS THE MAXIMUM LENGTH OF THE ITEM
    Version 10.1.2.3
    closed as duplicate of:
    Bug 1578844 : COPY/PASTE IN WEBFORMS WORKS DIFFERENT THAN IT DOES CLIENT/SERVER
    Development feedback:
    "It was determined to be an EWT
    issue and since it was determined to be the expected behavior ER bug 4633394 was filed and is still open."

Bottom line, this is an expected behavior and is being reviewed under the Enhancement Request:
    Bug 4633394 : COPY/PASTE IN WEBFORMS WORKS DIFFERENT THAN IT DOES CLIENT/SERVER

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points