This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 21, 2013 9:03 PM by Bijesh Krishnadas RSS

Grouping in Bar Graphs

SashankPappu Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi ,

Could anyone please help me in resolving my problem . I have a requirement where i need to display grouped data in x-axis in a bar graph in webcenter application. Lets take an example where we have salary in y-axis and employees_id and Dept_id in x-axis . Now my requirement is that all the employees of particular department should be grouped under a its dept Id like all the employees (100,101,102) should be grouped over dept 10 and remaining should be grouped in dept 20 ,30 so on .

I tried adding both dept and emp ids in x-axis and used group by clause but still its showing in emp-100,dept-10, emp-101,dept-10 in x-axis .

Thank you,
Sashank pappu
  • 1. Re: Grouping in Bar Graphs
    Bijesh Krishnadas Journeyer
    Currently Being Moderated
    In a bar graph, the series should be the same across groups. So if you have the same employees E1, E2, E3 in all of the departments D1, D2, D3 - then the employees form the Series and the departments form the Group. See the demo - http://jdevadf.oracle.com/adf-richclient-demo/faces/components/barGraph.jspx.

I can't see how your data will fit this. However, you may get better answers over at the JDeveloper & ADF forum.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points