4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2013 10:52 PM by 1004362 RSS

force password change in ADF for new login user

Hi ,
      I am new to adf...I need to force/redirect the first time newly loginned user with the randomly generated default password to a password change page ...could you please help me with the flow and how I can do it ...I am using jdeveloper 11.6..username/passwords are coming from LDAP..Its urgent please....

Thanks in Advance,
      Regards,
      Jenifer
        • 1. Re: force password change in ADF for new login user
          Daniel Merchán
          Hi.

You need a mechanism to know if it's the first time of the user enter. Create a simple table where store userId to know if it's user first time.
          After that implement it using an ADF Phase Listener or a Servlet Filter to redirect user to another page where change password.

In case of using ADF approach create a page/action in faces-config.xml and force an JSF action when user's first time.
          In case of a Servlet Filter check user and do redirect to change password page.

Regards.
          • 2. Re: force password change in ADF for new login user
            hi Daniel Merchán ..Thank you for your kind reply ..I'll try this and update you..

In case of using ADF approach create a page/action in faces-config.xml and force an JSF action when user's first time.

could you please guide me how exactly to do this with some sample code...I didnt get this in the net..

Thanks and Regards,
            Jenifer
            • 3. Re: force password change in ADF for new login user
              Daniel Merchán
              Hi.

Could you provide more details?.
              - WebCenter Spaces or WebCenter Portal.
              - You have a separate login page or are you login directly in a form of login page.
              - How are you doing login?. Custom login bean/OOTB Login Manage Bean...

Another approach could be execute programmatically Login and after that, if user is authenticated redirect to a different page.

I'll try to give you best approach for your scenario.

Regards.
              • 4. Re: force password change in ADF for new login user
                Hi Daniel,
                - WebCenter Spaces or WebCenter Portal.
                In my Jdeveloper(11.1.1.6) In my work I created the Application in webcenter Portal-FrameWork Application but deploy and run in webcenter spaces server..
                I am using webcenter PS5 version..

- You have a separate login page or are you login directly in a form of login page
                there is no seperate Login page,I having a landing page within which using commandlink I called a popup as login dialogue and after submitting it goes to First page where I need to show the popup to get new password (only for new users) and update in DB...

- How are you doing login?. Custom login bean/OOTB Login Manage Bean...
                I using j_securitycheck for authentication...I am trying to customise the login process ,if it works then so many other task in my work will be finished easily ..but I struck with error :( as in ADF security Error Cannot forward response that is already committed

Thanks in Advance,
                Jenifer