This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 30 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2013 7:23 PM by fz9sgh Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: SGD and Java update 7.21
    821785 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    So you also need a patch to get it to work ?
    I've downloaded 4.70 but then you still need an patch ?

Our customers support contract recentlly expired.
  • 16. Re: SGD and Java update 7.21
    802051 Newbie
    Yes. Apparently, all versions from 4.6 to 4.7 inclusive are affected. Until they roll the patch into any subsequent releases then you'll need the patch in the meantime...
  • 17. Re: SGD and Java update 7.21
    mvlonden Newbie
    Hi,

This morning I installed the patch for SGD 4.61 and now I'm able to login with any browser on a Windows machine using update 21, but I still having trouble with Apple machines.

The Java update from Apple causes Safari not to start X11/Xquartz.
    I hoped that the patch for SGD would work for Firefox on Apple machines, but it doesn't.

Has anyone any succes loging in using an Apple on SGD?

Regards,
    Michael
  • 18. Re: SGD and Java update 7.21
    JackT Newbie
    Java in Safari is disabled by default no matter what version, the easiest way to enable it is goto java.com and do the "What Version" check, you should see a grey box that says something along the lines of "enable plugin" once you've clicked that it should enable the plugin for all sites.
  • 19. Re: SGD and Java update 7.21
    turbotiga Newbie
    Works on my Mac except that after the upgrade from 4.6 to 4.7 my German language setting is not detected anymore, which is quite frustrating constantly changing the language in Windows from EN to DE.

regards, thomas
  • 20. Re: SGD and Java update 7.21
    1005545 Newbie
    This is a known problem with the Mac client. The MS layout id is guessed incorrectly for Germany,Austria and Switzerland. You should be able to get a patch from SGD support.
  • 21. Re: SGD and Java update 7.21 100% working solution recommended by Oracle
    User274166 Newbie
    This is the perfect solution for the issue recommended by Oracle as well :

I found that this is a common issue and this is because of below description.

Windows Clients Connecting to Secure Global Desktop are Redirected to Loading Page, then Prompted to Download Client after Updating Java Plugin to 1.7u 21

Document 1546161.1 describes a recently identified issue that will prevent all Windows clients from successfully connecting to Secure Global Desktop after updating their client-side Java Plug-in to version 7u21. This change in behavior is due to new security framework within Java that impacts the interaction between the SGD Client Helper and the tcc.exe. A solution is available and attached to the document in the form of patched client Java archives for all presently supported versions of Secure Global Desktop

And we can find the patch for this in the below link:

https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/ui/km/DocumentDisplay.jspx?_afrLoop=56461833538373&id=1546161.1&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=9xseh9coo_69#aref_section45

Thanks and Regards,
    Vijaya Krishna
  • 22. Re: SGD and Java update 7.21 100% working solution recommended by Oracle
    1006272 Newbie
    I don't have a support contract!

This problem is a big issue for me and my companie! Please help!
  • 23. Re: SGD and Java update 7.21 100% working solution recommended by Oracle
    MrBrown Explorer
    If you expect fixes you should have a support contract. Right now you have two choices.

1) downgrade Java to pre-Java 7u21/Java 6u45
    2) upgrade SGD to 4.63.907 or 5.00.907 (released today)
  • 24. Re: SGD and Java update 7.21 100% working solution recommended by Oracle
    MrBrown Explorer
    Correction. To upgrade to 4.63.907 you need a support contract. Legally you need one as well for SGD 5.0 unless you do a fresh install.
  • 25. Re: SGD and Java update 7.21
    turbotiga Newbie
    I'm in touch with Oracle Support regarding keyboard issue with Mac. So far everything provided did not work, I keep trying ...

Anyway, regarding the Java issue, this kicked us out for more than a workday until we figured out, what was the problem, opening a ticket, testing & applying the patch created a lot management attention, because we don't know the customers setup for accessing the SGD, they just complained it does not work, until our helpdesk was "burned" down.

I can only recommend Oracle to remove "asap" the need for a java based client in future release of the product and substitute with some HTML 5 based approach, otherwise I see no future for this product in our company and will look for something different.

It must not be, that something which is not related to the product itself disables it. We have service levels to keep (where we talking of restarts in minutes), and it is of no use having clusters running sgd, when some external event disables it.

regards, thomas

Edited by: turbotiga on 01.05.2013 03:25
  • 26. Re: SGD and Java update 7.21
    user13629772 Newbie
    turbotiga wrote:
    with some HTML 5 based approach
    Have a read about SGD 5.0 at http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/press/1940769
  • 27. Re: SGD and Java update 7.21
    turbotiga Newbie
    But only for tablets ...

release notes ...

1.1.1. Lightweight Client for Tablet Computers

This release includes a new lightweight SGD Client which enables users to access SGD using a tablet computer, such as an iPad. The new client uses an HTML5 web page to display applications and to provide support for client features such as printing and copy and paste.

1.2.3. Support for Java 7

This release of SGD supports Java 7. Browsers can use Java Plug-in software version 1.7 as a plug-in for Java technology.

much better explained here http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37459_01/E37461/html/reqs-client.html

Java Technology Requirements

• On desktop computer platforms, browsers must have Java technology enabled to support the following functionality:

• On tablet computer platforms:

■ Java technology is not required on the browser

but they are on the right track ... thomas (currently downloading ...)

Edited by: turbotiga on May 2, 2013 6:25 AM
  • 28. Re: SGD and Java update 7.21
    845409 Newbie
    The patch specifically states you can upgrade from 4.60.911 or 4.61.915. I am running 4.61.911. Will that allow the patch?
  • 29. Re: SGD and Java update 7.21
    Odog314 Newbie
    Oracle has released a fix for this a outlined in the documnt referenced below.

Windows Clients Connecting to Secure Global Desktop are Redirected to Loading Page, then Prompted to Download Client after Updating Java Plugin [ID 1546161.1]

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points