1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 25, 2013 11:20 PM by Smmishra-Oracle RSS

Doubts about use of REPORTS_SERVERMAP with Forms11g HA

carlos cortez
      Hi,

I'm configuring a Linux 64bits Forms/Reports 11g HA environment, the point is that i have two nodes, each one with its Forms and Reports servers, let's say FormsA and ReportsA for the first node and FormsB and ReportsB for the seconde node.

i want FormsA to be able to call reports from ReportsB and FormsB to be able to call reports from ReportsA.

I've been reading about REPORT_SERVERMAP
      http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E12839_01/bi.1111/b32121/pbr_conf003.htm#autoId5

But i have some doubts about its use:

1. I will not use a shared cluster file system or any way of cache solution, i will only have my rdf files on each node, and i'm wondering if just by configuring this parameter i will be able to get the effect mentioned above ??

2. The link provided says "Using RUN_REPORT_OBJECT. If the call specifies a Reports Server cluster name instead of a Reports Server name, the REPORTS_SERVERMAP environment variable must be set in the Oracle Forms Services default.env file"

In fact i'm using RUN_REPORT_OBJECT but

what is the Reports Server cluster name ?? and where do i find that name ??

3. Is this configuration well defined:

REPORTS_SERVERMAP=clusterReports:ReportsA;clusterReports:ReportsB

4. At forms applications when using RUN_REPORT_OBJECT, can i assume that the report server name will be the cluster name specified at the REPORTS_SERVERMAP ??

5. Which files should i modify rwservlet.properties or default.env ??

Hope you can help me :)

Regards
      Carlos
        • 1. Re: Doubts about use of REPORTS_SERVERMAP with Forms11g HA
          Smmishra-Oracle
          Hi,

1. I will not use a shared cluster file system or any way of cache solution, i will only have my rdf files on each node, and i'm wondering if just by configuring this parameter i will be able to get the effect mentioned above ??

--> In such case what could go wrong is
          Suppose Run_report_object executed jobs successfully to ReportsA
          But web.show_document command for getjobid failed ( as ReportsA went down by this time)

--> You will not get the output shown ( though job was successful)

If shared cache was enabled, then Even if ReportsA is down, other cluster member ( say ReportsB)
          will respond back to web.show_document.

Point 2,

--> Under HA is it highly recommended to use web.show_document ( a servlet call) to execute reports. This is to help use all HA features at the HTTP , Webcache or load balancer level.

However if there is migrated code or Run_report_object is must, then the recommendations as you see in the pointed document is must.

REPORTS_SERVERMAP setting needs to be configured in rwservlet.properties file and also in default.env Forms configuration file to map the Reports Server cluster name to the Reports Server running on the mid-tier where the Load Balancer forwarded the report request.

For example FormsA, ReportsA, cluster name say rep_cluster

default.env file
          REPORTS_SERVERMAP=rep_cluster:ReportsA
          Where "rep_cluster" is the Reports Server cluster name and "ReportsA" is the name of the Reports Server running on the same machine as FormsA

rwservlet.properties file
          <reports_servermap>rep_cluster:ReportsA</reports_servermap>

At default.env this is not a valid entry
          REPORTS_SERVERMAP=clusterReports:ReportsA;clusterReports:ReportsB

what is the Reports Server cluster name ?? and where do i find that name ??
          --> This is created via EM on the report server side.

Would recommend to refer following documents at the myoracle support repository
               How to Setup Reports HA (High Availability - Clusters) in Reports 11g [ID 853436.1]

REP-52251 and REP-56033 Errors When Calling Reports From Forms With RUN_REPORT_OBJECT Against a Reports Cluster in 11g. [ID 1074804.1]

Thanks