10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2013 8:58 AM by ACopperhawk RSS

(EPG Install) Error while loading image

ash0602
      Hi,

I am facing "ORA-22288: file or LOB operation FILEOPEN failed" error while running apex_epg_config step. But all the steps before that (i.e. APEX Install [@apexins users users temp /i/] and change admin password) went all fine.
      I am trying to install APEX 4.1 on "Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production".

I went through [url https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=9673913]this thread. But I am not passing /apex directory (apex directory is under "C:/Ash/Technical/Database/Oracle/apex4.1") , here is the outcome:
      C:\Ash\Technical\Database\Oracle\apex4.1\apex>
      11:33:41 sys@dev10db> @apex_epg_config.sql C:/Ash/Technical/Database/Oracle/apex4.1

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.21

Elapsed: 00:00:00.03

Directory created.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.03
      declare
      ERROR at line 1:
      ORA-22288: file or LOB operation FILEOPEN failed
      No such file or directory
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.XMLTYPE", line 296
      ORA-06512: at line 18

Elapsed: 00:00:00.04

Commit complete.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.00

Elapsed: 00:00:01.14
      declare
      ERROR at line 1:
      ORA-31001: Invalid resource handle or path name "/images"
      ORA-06512: at "XDB.DBMS_XDB", line 473
      ORA-06512: at line 37

Elapsed: 00:00:00.17
      timing for: Load Images
      Elapsed: 00:00:01.42

Session altered.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.00

Elapsed: 00:00:00.48

Commit complete.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.01

Session altered.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.01

Directory dropped.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.07
      I am installing from my windows XP, but the db server is on Linux.

Error above (line 18) is actually on this line of "apex_epg_config_core.sql" (my db charset is UTF8)
      filelist_xml xmltype := xmltype(bfilename(upload_directory_name,file_list),nls_charset_id('AL32UTF8'));

The error clearly suggest that the there is an issue with access my directory or file in that directory.
      And I believe the 2nd error "ORA-31001: Invalid resource handle or path name "/images"", will go itself once the first one is resolved.

I went through the documentation and other forum threads, but I am stuck with this EPG install, it may be very silly thing that I may be missing, but any help in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Ash

Edited by: ash0602 on Sep 5, 2011 5:19 PM
        • 1. Re: (EPG Install) Error while loading image
          AndyPol
          Hi

Try use current oracle documentation:
          http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E23903_01/doc/doc.41/e21673/otn_install.htm#BABFICIA

Generaly You have to run this scripts apxldimg.sql and apxchpwd.sql, forgot apex_epg_config.sql (11g has configured EPG)
          • 2. Re: (EPG Install) Error while loading image
            ash0602
            Thanks Andy for replying, but, yes, I did use the latest documentation as I am installing APEX 4.1 (latest release). And documentation says... "The embedded PL/SQL gateway installs with the Oracle Database 11g. However, you must configure it before you can use it with Oracle Application Express. To accomplish this, you run a configuration file and unlock the ANONYMOUS account." This is all not new to me, I have done this installation previously several times, but this time I am definitely missing something very silly, need a eye (hawk eye) from peer group. APEX was not installed previously on my 11g db, so it is a new installation.
            • 3. Re: (EPG Install) Error while loading image
              AndyPol
              OK I understood.
              But check your path in:
              @apex_epg_config.sql

In my opnion you have to set other path: @apex_epg_config.sql C:/Ash/Technical/Database/Oracle/
              Script search apex unziped folder in temp directory if you unzip it here C:/Ash/Technical/Database/Oracle/ you also have to use this path as argument. If it will not work change also directory's name from apex4.1 to apex_4.1_en.
              • 4. Re: (EPG Install) Error while loading image
                Kiran Pawar
                Hi Ash,

I would advise the same to read the documentation again:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E23903_01/doc/doc.41/e21673/otn_install.htm#CHDEIGGI

as I am suspicious of what you are doing here:
                >
                11:33:41 sys@dev10db> @apex_epg_config.sql C:/Ash/Technical/Database/Oracle/apex4.1
                >
                is causing the problem.

While actually it should be:
                C:\Ash\Technical\Database\Oracle\apex4.1\apex> sqlplus /nolog
                SQL> CONNECT SYS as SYSDBA
                Enter password: SYS_password
                SQL>@apex_epg_config C:/Ash/Technical/Database/Oracle/apex4.1
                Hope it helps,
                Regards,
                Kiran
                • 5. Re: (EPG Install) Error while loading image
                  ash0602
                  Thanks Andy and Kiran for taking time to respond.

Andy, "@apex_epg_config.sql C:/Ash/Technical/Database/Oracle/" will not solve the problem, neither changing directory's name from apex4.1 to apex_4.1_en, as my directory structure till images is: "C:\Ash\Technical\Database\Oracle\apex4.1\apex\images".
                  Kiran, sorry but I do not understand the difference between what I have written what you mentioned above.

Though I understood the issue, when you see the apex underlying code (apex_epg_config_core.sql) it is actually creating a directory object ('APEX_IMAGES') in the database. While I was trying to refer the directory on my local windows PC ('C:\Ash\Technical\Database\Oracle\apex4.1\apex\images'). I then logged into the LINUX server and ran the command and it all went fine, see the response below:
                  SQL> @apex_epg_config /opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/db1

old   1: create directory APEX_IMAGES as '&1/apex/images'
                  new   1: create directory APEX_IMAGES as '/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/db1/apex/images'

Directory created.

old  47:     if '&IMGUPG' != '' then
                  new  47:     if '' != '' then
                  old  48:         l_mv_folder := '&IMGUPG';
                  new  48:         l_mv_folder := '';

Commit complete.

timing for: Load Images
                  Elapsed: 00:00:31.78

Session altered.

Commit complete.

Session altered.

Directory dropped.
                  Though I moved 1 step forward, but my apex login page (http://<server>:8080/apex/apex_admin => redirected to http://<server>:8080/apex/f?p=4550:10:<session>) refuse to come up as it is now showing "[url https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1112378]apex is undefined" error.

I did the installation as [@apexins users users temp /i/] mentioned in the docs, and this is first install not the upgrade.

Any help on this ['apex' is undefined] (javascript error) would be really helpful.

Thanks,
                  Ash
                  • 6. Re: (EPG Install) Error while loading image
                    Kiran Pawar
                    Hi Ash,

What I didn't understand is:
                    >
                    >
                    which you have posted in the first post i.e. question.

Two questions:

1) Where is your APEX 4.1 setup extracted(on Windows or LINUX)?

2) Where is your database located(on Windows or LINUX)?

And moreover:
                    >
                    SQL> @apex_epg_config /opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/db1
                    >

This command has not configured the EPG rightly as it contains images for release less than APEX 4.0.

My request is again to read the installation documentation carefully:

Downloading from OTN and Configuring the Embedded PL/SQL Gateway :

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E23903_01/doc/doc.41/e21673/otn_install.htm#CBHBCBBJ

Configure the Embedded PL/SQL Gateway :

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E23903_01/doc/doc.41/e21673/otn_install.htm#CHDEIGGI

Regards,
                    Kiran
                    • 7. Re: (EPG Install) Error while loading image
                      ash0602
                      Hi Kiran,

Sorry for confusion for this
                      but basically, the first line is to show which directory I was on, before proceeding.

APEX was extracted on windows, and db is on "unix". I did remove all apex installation, and installed again on "unix" through unix box only. But still the "apex is undefined" error continued, this error suggest that there is definitely something wrong with my installation but I'm unable to figure out on my own. I did read the install docs.

Need help to solve this install error.

Thanks,
                      Ash
                      • 8. Re: (EPG Install) Error while loading image
                        user12128869
                        Greetings,

I also had that issue of @apex_epg_config failing. I did try the proverbial @apex_epg_config F:\apex_4.1.1_en\apex and it failed, however, going through the code I discovered that it was appending /apex/images to your variable string. I decided to backup a directory on the entry and loe and behold it worked: @apex_epg_config F:\apex_4.1.1_en\ . This was on my windows platform (Win 7 Professional 64bit)

D.I. Greener
                        • 9. Re: (EPG Install) Error while loading image
                          I had the same problem on Windows, having extracted the apex zip file to a directory on a network drive (K:\Temp). I had correctly set my working directory to K:\Temp\apex, and called the scipt using:

@apex_epg_config.sql K:\Temp

I always got the "ORA-22288: file or LOB operation FILEOPEN failed" error.

I searched the OTN and other sites for a solution but nothing worked. I finally decided to extract the apex file to C:\Temp instead, and then it worked.

It seems the script will not work when referencing a network drive (perhaps this is a general issue with CREATE DIRECTORY). I would recommend extracting the apex ZIP file to a local directory (C:\Temp).
                          • 10. Re: (EPG Install) Error while loading image
                            ACopperhawk

Just dropping the apex from the end of the string works. It is the path to the apex directory, not the apex directory itself.