1 Reply Latest reply: May 10, 2013 3:41 AM by user12246115 RSS

OIM 11g OOTB Reset password ( auto generated password not working)

user12246115
      Hi Experts
      We are using OIM 11.1.1.5.2 ( BP2) on red hat linux 5 and db is also on redhat linux.

We intend to use Reset password with auto generated password email to user so that administrator doesnot have to communicate the password over phone.

But i see that OOTB reset password with autogenerate password does not work.Though the password is emailed to the enduser it is not updated in OIM database.

One furthur testing i realised that that OIM is using oracle.iam.paaswordmgmt.eveenthandlerResetPasswordAction Handler to set and email the password.

Surprisnlgy the password is email but the generated password is not set by passwordmanager class.

I dont see any exception in the oimserver.log or oim diagnostics log.

I also saw Bug 13572247 : OIM: PASSWORD RESET FAILS FOR USERS WITH RE-USED USERID
      We are resusing userid ,as in a deleted id can be resued.Can this be any issue but when i create a new account whoes userid has not been reused still i get this same behavior.

I would have thought others might have experienced this issue as 11.1.1.5.2 is not been in market for while.

I asked the same question of fusion security but they have asked to raise it with oracle support which i have .

Please update the post if you have experienced similar issues .I am thinking of rewriting the reset password action handler as i think this might be faster compared to getting a resolution from oracle support.

Please advise...