This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
Hi Bill !
Thank you for your answer, but can you help me more cause I'm new in SOA&BPM and and don't realy understant what does it mean 'Initiate Task has to have a UI associated'.
I just can tell you that I have assigned a User to the Role - Weblogic.
I can login into BPM Workspace with Weblogic, but it doesn't help much.
Further details are much appreciated.
I came back to you as I fugured out what you meant by 'UI associated with task'.
Yes, the first activity in the application is an interactive activity and it is implemented through a Himan task.
I've create dthe Task Form for the Human Task associated with the activity.
But, when i deploy the application, in the "task Flow Deployment' I don't see both the project for the BPM application and the project for the UI Task Form associate dwith the Human Task.
I think this is the cause of problem .
But I don't know what i did wrong !
Can you give me a hint about this ?
could you please specify which jDeveloper version, which Java version for jDeveloper and which BPM version you are using?
I'm facing the same problems with Oracle BPM Suite 11g R1 PS6 (184.108.40.206.0). jDeveloper 220.127.116.11.0 on JDK 1.6.0_24 (not the delivered one that comes with jDev distribution but a locally installed JDK, no blank in the source path), Oracle BPM 18.104.22.168.0 locally installed on my machine.
For testing purpose, I built the well known HelloWorld example ("Building Your First Process with Oracle BPM 11g") in jDev 22.214.171.124.0 and deployed to the environment listed above.
Maybe it's a PS6 bug?
In order for the task to show up on the list of the user it needs to be an "Initiator" task, not just any type of task but an "Initiator" task.
Then a UI needs to be associated to be displayed and the task needs to be in a swimlane which the user has been assigned to.
Hope this helps.
I just figured out the solution to my problem. Actually, that doesn't seem to be related to PS6. A collegue told me that something similar also was an issue in previous jDeveloper releases. The problem is that jDev is not able to save the new name if you renamed the default process role "Role" to something else, eg. "Requester". The solution is to add a new role and just delete the default process role called "Role".
To check this, go to the Organizsation preferences of your project in jDev (jDev > BPM Project Navigator > <YourProject> > Organization > Roles) and compare the process roles to the process roles of the deployed project in the BPM Workspace (in your browser, open <yourURL>:7001/bpm/workspace > Login as administrator (usually user "weblogic" + password "welcome1") > Administration on the upper right > Organization > Roles)
You might find the role "<YourProject>.Role" there which you thought have renamed in jDev earlier.
I hope this helps.