This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2013 6:17 AM by 922866 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: How to avoid Cache misses?
    Cameron Purdy Journeyer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Unfortunately, the near cache does not (yet) cache misses. (The read/write backing map does, and we have a bug ID to add the same to the near cache, but it's not there yet.)

The internal tracking ID is COH-105. I added a link to this discussion and voted it up one ;-)

Peace,

Cameron Purdy | Oracle Coherence
    http://coherence.oracle.com/
  • 16. Re: How to avoid Cache misses?
    660069 Newbie
    Thanks for the reply Cameron.

Any chance this might make it into 3.7? Or a 3.7 patch?

Cheers
    Rich
  • 17. Re: How to avoid Cache misses?
    Cameron Purdy Journeyer
    It won't be in the 3.7 release; we've already passed the cut-off date for new features in 3.7.

I will try to escalate the priority internally. We're on a more frequent release schedule now (shooting for 2x each year), so hopefully this will make 3.8 if it doesn't show up earlier.

Peace,

Cameron Purdy | Oracle Coherence
    http://coherence.oracle.com/
  • 18. Re: How to avoid Cache misses?
    922866 Newbie
    Hi,

We're currently using Coherence 3.7.1.8 and we're running into the same situation here, we have some use cases that require heavy querying on (typically) non existent keys on a near cache. It would be very useful for us to have the ability of setting some cache-miss configuration to prevent them to go through the back cache.
    For the time being we worked around this query overflow on the distributed cache by setting up a runtime cache at the application level which is updated through listeners on the distributed cache (i.e. we're using it as a front cache at the application level), but we'd like to come up with a full solution when something like this is available. How is this internal bug going?

Regards,
    Daniel Martinez
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points